Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for Rebecca

2 posters

Go down

Question for Rebecca Empty Question for Rebecca

Post by thebigscott Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:39 am

Hey Rebecca,

I can't seem to wind down to sleep, but I've been trying and my mind started wandering and I thought of a question for you. Since this is starting to get a lot of traffic, why don't you put on a couple of links to paying sites. That's how most other boards make money, and you're doing a bunch of work so you should make a few bucks off of it. I was thinking an Amazon link wouldn't be very offensive. They usually don't do the flashing and shaking that drives me crazy, and most of us probably shop there any way. I know it wouldn't be out of place in the book worm section. And I would be happy to link from this site rather than go there directly on the occasions when I'm planning a purchase.

And you should start taking orders for hand crafted stained glass Christmas ornaments. Come up with a few pictures of what you could do and prices, and we'll put in our orders early so you have plenty of time to work on them and ship them. I want one that's a profile of a grey cat with three black stripes on her back. Little enough to hang on a tree. Or one of a red teddy bear. Not sure which. Although I should have you make me a map of Canada, too. LOL

OK, I'm going back to bed. Think it over.

Karen
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Question for Rebecca Empty Re: Question for Rebecca

Post by Rebecca1340 Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:57 am

LOL! If I ever have to start paying for anything about this site I'll probably reactivate my old Amazon affiliates account. At this point everything is free and it would feel like stealing from everyone though.
Not sure how taking orders for Christmas would go... I'd be worried about the shipping more than anything. And I tend to go in spurts where I make tons of stuff and then I don't make anything for a little while. I'm working on a glass sculpture right now. I have a feeling if I finish it I'll be taking a break again -- it's so frustrating at times!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:48 pm

It wouldn't be stealing from us... because it costs us nothing to visit Amazon from this page rather than from another. And you could use the (small amount of) money to help pay for shipping if we ever send a physical "box o' crap"
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:52 pm

Oh and I'd love to see pictures of your glass sculpture. What is it of?

And buyers pay shipping, silly! With all these Canadians signing on you may have people interested close enough to home that shipping won't be an issue. You should consider it. You could say the first 10 or 20 people who want one can get one, and if demand is higher you'll put them on the list for next year.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content