Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just for fun: What is your biggest doh!!! That was dumb moment??

+4
kashicaat
KellyM
Rebecca1340
honcho
8 posters

Go down

Just for fun: What is your biggest doh!!! That was dumb moment?? Empty Just for fun: What is your biggest doh!!! That was dumb moment??

Post by honcho Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:14 pm

After reading the thong post I was reminded of a few really stupid things
I have done that I just had to shake my head and smile at my lameness...

A couple years ago we purchased a mini-van. I was trying to close the hatchback
which when open weighs like 50# and is 6' high (I am 5'2). Anyway I grabbed it
and pulled down as hard as I could....right on top of my head. Ohhhhhh I saw stars.
I had to sit down right there on the driveway. Once the spinning stopped I just had to
look around and make sure no one saw that brilliant move. Luckily I was alone.

Another story is we were camping and I went to pick up a lantern when my husband
said dont touch the lid, its hot. Not sure why, but I said it is?? and stuck my hand on the
top to feel it. I pulled away with the imprint of the hex nut that connects the top burned
into my hand. %%^%*&^%&$ that hurt!! My sweet hubby just looked at me in awe and
said that was dumb....

Doh!!!!! Just for fun: What is your biggest doh!!! That was dumb moment?? 78280 Just for fun: What is your biggest doh!!! That was dumb moment?? 78280 Just for fun: What is your biggest doh!!! That was dumb moment?? 78280 Just for fun: What is your biggest doh!!! That was dumb moment?? 78280 Just for fun: What is your biggest doh!!! That was dumb moment?? 78280 Just for fun: What is your biggest doh!!! That was dumb moment?? 78280

lol!
honcho
honcho
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 461
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Just for fun: What is your biggest doh!!! That was dumb moment?? Empty Re: Just for fun: What is your biggest doh!!! That was dumb moment??

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:24 pm

Do I have to pick just one? LOL!
I think the stupidest thing I've done lately was get my fingers between my soldering iron and the glass I was working on. I don't even remember what I was trying to do at the time, but I work with 700 degree molten lead -- it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that getting fingers in the way is a bad idea! I am currently sporting bandaids on my index and middle fingers on my right hand where the hot solder landed. Luckily I only ended up with very small second degree burns because that could have been much worse!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Just for fun: What is your biggest doh!!! That was dumb moment?? Empty Re: Just for fun: What is your biggest doh!!! That was dumb moment??

Post by KellyM Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:33 pm

I have so many...except mine are usually daily...(I am[/b]not kidding[b].)

Atleast once a week I wash a load of water in my washing machine due to forgetting to put the laundry in. I make a grocery list when I go to town so I won't forget anything, but I usually end up forgetting the list. Once I was so proud of myself because I got to town and looked in my purse and there was the list, until I looked at it and saw 1. Dust 2. Take out garbage 3. (you get the idea). I have long baggy sweater coats that I like to wear in the fall/winter. One winter I left home to go our nearest Walmart (about 20 miles away) When I got to Walmart and got out of the car I felt something heavy tugging on my sweater-coat. I looked down and had a great big muddy snowball the size of a cantaloupe on the corner of my sweater. What I had done is without realizing it when I got in the car I had slammed my jacket in the door and it drug on the crappy/snowy road the whole 20 miles to Walmart. My husband shakes his head and rolls his eyes, but he loves me. Lol part of our wedding vows that I picked out were "I take you ______ with all your faults and weaknesses." So everytime I do some hair-brained thing I look over at my husband and he says, "I know, with all your faults and weaknesses." lol

Oh jeez I almost forgot the time I got my hair caught in the vacuum beater bar, I was cleaning stuff wrapped around the beater bar and forgot to unplug the vacuum and my knee hit the switch, my daughter peed herself she was laughing so hard. I also got pinned in my bathroom by a matress. I had taken the matress and box spring off my bed and had them leaned up against the wall, I went in the master bath to get something and the matress fell and pushed the door closed right under the knob. Note; my bathroom has no window I was stuck in there for over 45 minutes until someone came home and went looking for me. This crap is a daily occurence for me.

Last edited by KellyM on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left something out)
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by kashicaat Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:59 pm

Oh my....I also go through these on a daily basis.

The worst, by and far just happened three months ago.

I was taking my daughter to gym and my husband had offered to take her so I didn't have to go out yet again. We went back and forth, and I decided to just take her. He told me to take his car because it had a full tank of gas. I also shot down that idea because I didn't like the cd's he had in his car, so I decided to take my car.

Well, Allie and I were chatting away, I got in the car, started it, backed up and backed up and backed right into another car. Yeah, not good. As soon as I hit it, I knew what I had done, and whose car I had hit....hubby's..........OOPS!

Ummm...number two would be, again, just a few months ago, I was being a dork, and flung down my hand, slamming and breaking my finger on the end table....go figure.

I could keep going, but these are the worst ones!

My husband says that the rough pregnancy I had with my son sucked away my brain...some days I think he's right!

kashicaat
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:15 pm

When I was a new mom, I had to got to the local college campus and I took the baby (Zaven) with me. It was during registration so there was almost no place to park, but I finally found a spot. The cars on both sides had parked very close, and it was hard to park, but there was enough room to open the door and squeeze myself out and there was no way I was moving because the next closest spot was probably a mile away. So I got out, opened the back door as much as I could and realized that I'd need to just unbuckle the baby because there wasn't enough room to get the car seat out. I had to kind of lean in sideways because I couldn't open the door very far, but I knew there was enough room to get him out without hurting him. But when I leaned over and looked at him, he was so cute and sweet looking... and my breastmilk let down and my boobs filled up and suddenly I was a D cup. And I was stuck. My boobs wouldn't squish back out the opening. And I was too embarrassed to call for help. So I waited there, leaning sideways into the backseat door, for about 10 or 15 minutes til the engorgement passed and I could get us both out. But I think I was red in the face the rest of the day.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by honcho Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:00 pm

I am so ROTFLMOL!!! Those are awesome!
honcho
honcho
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 461
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:14 pm

LIke Kelly I am mishap prone. a friend said once that I wasnt an accident waiting to happen. I was an accident that was GOIN to happen. Soon. I usually write about this stuff in my blog, but these are some older ones I have done.

I used to have waiste length hair. I was living in a remote town while BR worked on a pipeline. with 2 babies under 2. (one a few months old).

I went into the bathroom to pull my hair up and hung my head upside down. then I flipped it back up. Into a fly paper trap. and by the time I realized it I had it all wound up in my hair.

IT took me HOURS to get it out. and then I had to wash it like 8 times with tide to get the sticky out.

--

I was making mums for the school, and had artificial nails. I had to use a glue gun/ caught one on fire. it melted and burned the crap out of me. I ended up glueing MYSELF to 3 mums, loosing 2 nails and blistering 4 fingers. In the first 2 hours. To this day I am not allowed to use a glue gun at school.

----

I was making a cat tree for the cat. Sat the saw down and promptly cut the cord off. Br bought me my very own cordless saw and told me to NEVER touch his crap again. (not quite that nicely)

-----
I was fixing a girls artificial nails , The tube of superglue blew up in my face and glued my eyes shut. 2 weeks before Christmas. I had to have my eyelashes cut off and them pulled apart. My eyes were swollen shut for a week.
BR doesnt allow me to have super glue now.

-----

Thats all I am willing to admit to right now.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:16 pm

I would have to say it was the time, a couple of years ago when I backed the boat down the ramp, got out to unhook it, and realized I forgot to set the emergency brake. I jumped back in the truck just as it was hitting the water......no major damage, but I still get laughed at for it.
OR it could be the time i did the other stupid thing.

DD was almost 2, so this was about 9 years go.
I had been sewing the night before, and as I was cooking her breaky I saw her grab my seam ripper off the sewing machine table. As she took off running I yelled DO NOT RUN, but she did . She jumped on the couch on her belly with the ripper "hidden" in her hand in front of her. It ripped her skin open just under her ribcage, that little pointy part right in the middle. SO I grabbed her , grabbed a towel, and drove her to the ER.
It turned out to only be a minor cut, required 5 big stitches, but the ER doc did enjoy the show, since when I ran in I had on ONLY my bathrobe and slippers, and my bathrobe was open. I did not realize this until everyone had seen....well..everything.
Embarassed
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:41 am

lol chelle, now i don't feel so bad.. the way I look at it though it gives my family things to look back on and laugh about. On a different note, I have had an experience with that sticky fly paper.
Back when I was 16 I stayed the night at a friends house. Went to the bathroom in the morning half asleep. Stood up from the toilet with my drawers half up and caught the stupid fly paper thing in my hair, and what's worse is there were flies on it that were still alive on it bzzing and grossing the crap outta me. Well you can guess that I screamed at the top of my lungs, flipping out and not even thinking that my drawers still weren't all the way up and my friend, her mother and brother all came running in the bathroom to see what was going on. Very, very embarrassing. Course I can laugh about it now. I am just a magnet for this kind of stuff

Another time about 6 yrs ago I was working for this company as an insurance agent. It was break time and I went in the smoking room (i have since quit almost 3 yrs ago) when leaving the smoke room you had to kind of reach back and catch the door because if you didn't the door would slam shut with a loud "bang!" Well I was leaving the smoke room and reached back to catch the door, not knowing my supervisor Joe was right behind me. Instead of catching the door, I caught something alright, I grabbed him right in the crotch! I was mortified to say the least. It took a good month or two before I could look him in the face without blushing Embarassed

Last edited by KellyM on Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Brea Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:42 am

Just for fun: What is your biggest doh!!! That was dumb moment?? 88315 OMG I acctually have water in my eyes I'm laughing so hard...this is great.....

There are so many...here's a couple.......about food.....
I decieded that I was going to cook a nice dinner for my boyfriend (whos now my husband and I was 19yrs old mind you)...I had it all planned...meat stuffed manicotti, with mozzeeralla and sauce....well got all the ingredients and made it and it looked, and smelled awesome, I was sooo proud of myself Smile so he takes a bite and looks like he's going to puke.....but didn't say anything, so I take a bite and couldn't even swallow it.....well he asked what I put in it and I went down the list and the one thing that was on it was loose sausage.....................well umm......I figured Jimmy Dean was loose sausage, so he was like HUH?....I went into the grabage and pulled out the wrapper and it said, loose Jimmy Dean maple flavored breakfast sausage....lol.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well agian, 19 yrs old.......I wanted to make suger cookie cutouts for Christmas, so I could decorate them and give them to my friends, so I found a recipe in a magazine that I had. Again I get all the ingredients and make them perfectly, I mean they were perfect......So again my now husband just happen to pop by my place just as they got done....and I was like, look I made cookies Smile.....he even though they looked great, they just came out of the oven and smelled awesome.....so he takes one and bites into it and all you hear is the hardest, loudest crunch imaginable...lol.....he was like what the hell.......I said I followed the recipe and baked the exact time they said...so he takes a look at the recipe and it says "Ornamental cookies" with pictures of like sugar cookies all decorated.........I said yeah ornamental, ya know decorated, pretty cookies..........Nope Brea, he goes, the kind you Don't eat, the kind you hang on the tree.....LOL........DOOHH....

I put him through so much with food...lol....I'm way better now though...lol....
Brea
Brea
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:12 pm

I would SO have thought the ornamental cookies could be eaten. But at least you did them right!
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down