Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Men are so dense

+5
Rebecca1340
kath
thebigscott
Scar
chelle
9 posters

Go down

Men are so dense Empty Men are so dense

Post by chelle Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:15 am

Okay, so I got a blackbery, I have been wanting one for a while. Not for the video's or email or anything else.

I want one to help me keep my schedule strait. I need ONE place to write everything.

and everytime I write a list, I loose it. OR bow eats it. (this is not me kidding, that kid is like a goat)

or it gets torn up over the kids fighting over it.

SInce I only go to town when I HAVE to, and I am so scatterbrained I write LOTS of notes. Including a breakdown of where I need to go. I write the notes, pray I make it out the door with all 4 kids, what ever they will need for the day, and my lists.

Then I write my list on the windshield of the truck with a dry erase marker. (not in my line of vision)

THen I have to consult my scheduler that I had to copy from the calender in the house and make sure I wasnt supposed to do anything else.

I have to keep notes all the time. plus I will write down prices and then loose the papers, so I dont remember where something was cheaper, where I could have bought something, and what I should have paid.

I also am not a teen ager, I cant text for crap. I hate hitting the keys 3 times to get a certain letter.

I planned to NOT get the internet for my phone. Just use it as a calender, note taker, etc.

Heck, I cant even remember birthdays (moms or dads, grandparents, etc.).

SO I got a really good deal (a buck). and decided to get BR one too.

I took it to his work tonight to let him play with it on his downtime. See if he liked it.

He calls me and says "who the hell needs something like this?" "what makes any normal person need this?" I am going to get him the internet. and I swear, if you have never seen a blackberry its the most amazing thing. The picture is actually better than the one on my TV. with th enet he can DL things from Youtube, listen to music, do all kinds of stuff.

But instead he is bitching because there is no valid reason to have a 'computer on your hip'. He does acknowledge that executives with busy schedules might need it. But isnt that why there is a portable calaneder. <?

I just handed him a freakin gold mine and he bitches cause there is TOO much on there.

I offered to sell it, leave him with his old one. Or buy him a new one. any style he wanted, and he got all mad and defensive. I dont know if he was trying to not hurt my feelings (nto likely) or if he liked it, but didnt want to admit it.

Either way, he has gotten on my last nerve.

I just hope that it helps me. I really do need something to keep it all toghether. I will take notes at school, write down my schedule, days I have to be somewhere, then cme home, try to remember to transfer it to the wall calender, and then make sure that I check the calender a few days in advance.

I just have to streamline things. PLus, who cares if I never use every feature... its a freakin COOL phone.. LOL
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Men are so dense Empty Re: Men are so dense

Post by Scar Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:37 am

chelle, I'm trying to remember your "new rope" theory because that seems to apply to your hubby.
Most people HATE change, give him time and maybe he'll come around.
If not every night when he goes to bed change the settings on the phone from English to Spanish, that'll give him somthing to really bitch about!
Scar
Scar
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:38 am

Scar, you beat me to it. I was just coming to say some people would bitch if you hung 'em with a new rope.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:45 am

thebigscott wrote: some people would bitch if you hung 'em with a new rope.
--that's it.
I just pulled that one on MY hubby last night.LOL
Scar
Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:46 am

I do like that phrase, and I know people like that!
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:28 am

Scott's grandfather said it all the time, too.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:42 am

My hubby has a crackberry for work. I hate the thing because he never truly leaves the office now.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:46 am

Alot of my friends have Crackberries & they drive me crazy with the whole texting thing. It takes me 10 mins to type the same message I can send in 2 seconds by calling. Plus the sound quality isn't very impressive on the Crackberry.
I would like to have one only for the organizational stuff chelle is using her's for.
Scar
Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:02 am

My daughter just got a crackberry, and I thought you had to get interenet service with it? She does want to email and text, but she mostly wants it for the calendar too. She says she tried a planner, but was always forgetting it. She never forgets her phone, so now she always has her planner.
Her hubby is acting weird about it too, but in a different way. He isn't available for upgragde right now, so he doesn't have one. Those two are so competetive with each other that he is jealous. She says he wouldn't even check it out with her when she got it. He said he didn't want to see how cool it was because he couldn't get one. It made me sad for her because she was so excited about it and her own hubby wouldn't check it out with her. He can get one in Oct, but I guess he will whine until then Rolling Eyes
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrlyte Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:23 am

I thought about getting a crackberry when I got my latest phone, but I really don't need it. I do have a phone with a full keyboard for texting and I can surf a little and do yahoo or aol or msn mail and IM, so I'm more than happy.

Chelle-I hope your hubby comes to his senses!!!
Starrlyte
Starrlyte
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:42 am

I'm also in charge of the schedules of 6 people, so I'll get one eventually just for that.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by rikostan Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:44 am

This man has a Blackberry world edition with unlimited data plan, that I do not pay a penny for, plus an HP 6315 pocketPC smart phone, a razr, and a ton of older PDA and smart phones all the way back to the original Palm Pilot Pro from 3com.

AND I can use them all. No bad for one of the dense ones eh?
rikostan
rikostan
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-05-23

http://rikostan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:46 am

I use my phone for everything., schedules, appointments, everything. NOTHING would happen around here if I lost my phone.

Chelle, I am betting he liked it, and didn't want to admit it.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrlyte Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:58 am

Rikostan-OK, so how do you manage that? LOL! Notice Chelle's post did say that men CAN be so dense, not all men are dense! LOL!

Have a GREAT day!
Starrlyte
Starrlyte
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:11 pm

Right if he was all THAT dense he never could have snagged such a smart wife!

Plus Ricko (Suave-sorry I can't help myself) chelle's not aggravated about whether or not he can use them, it's his ungrateful attitude & resistance to using it.
Scar
Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:32 pm

LOL y'all.

and I am glad I gave y'all a new phrase Smile LOL

and yes, belive me, this is the man that phrase was invented for!

Riko, when I was posting this I actually thought about you. BR wont even use the computer cause it 'wont work for him'. and thinks I am stupid for sitting here and playin on it. He thinks I should just get rid of it, since it is such a Peice of junk! LOL He just doesnt TRY! But when I am gone, he can manage to buy something from ebay.....

Now I want to know how do you not pay a penny for the useage? LOL

BR actually checks the weather, reads the news, does all that with his phone. And I dont. I had to put him on an internet plan a while back. BUT it was another guy on the jobsite that showed him how. NOT ME. LOL

Karen, yep when you are keeping up with 6 peoples lives, I am thinking its the way to go. Honey, I have the same problem. I leave my calender thing all the time. or have my hands full and dont bring it in. But the phone? thats with me all the time.
Edbson, I am SOOO excited to use it. I never liked the calenders in the old phones I had. And I am that way with my paper calenders. If I dont have them, I dont get anything done. LOL

Scar, I cant text on a traditional phone, thats why I wanted one with a qwerty keyboard. But I have already mastered this. Smile

starlytte, I would have went with another if it had the qwety keyboard and a calender. I was just looking for that. Smile LOL

I am really exicted about it. and this morning when I woke up there was a note.

Make sure you transfer my add book. ALL of it.
And my picts. AND my texts.
DONT loose them.

Do you know what a PITA that is?? the addy book was easy. well its a PITA, but not hard. but I have NO signal. and for some reason, my old phone wont send a bluetooth. It will GET one, but cant send one.

SO I have Bluetoothed everything from his phone to mine. Now I am walking around in the yard trying to get a bar to text them from my old phone to his BB. and trying to keep his BB in a place where he can get signal enough to DL the messages.

and its 96* out there.

LOL

PITA.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content