Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

babyduckie, question

+6
kath
chelle
babyduckie
Rebecca1340
thebigscott
bizzeedee
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

babyduckie, question Empty babyduckie, question

Post by bizzeedee Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:01 pm

I checked out your posts so I wouldn't be accused of asking a really dumb question that was already answered, but didn't find my answer.

Why do you live in Hawaii? Besides being horribly jealous, I'm just curious. Military? or born and raised there?

And did see in one of your posts, that you DO have 5000 points... so guess some folks DO have enough for a crepe maker!

Hoping you can snag one...
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

babyduckie, question Empty Re: babyduckie, question

Post by bizzeedee Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:15 pm

Hi Chris Laughing
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:16 pm

I'm taking the suggestion and moving the chit chat to the chit chat board. Razz

OK, Chris, tell us about yourself. First off, I was assuming you were a girl, just from the babyduckie name. But Chris could be a boy too. And really, baby duckies come in both varieties. So are you a girl duck or a boy duck?
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:24 pm

I think that duckie is a work... a brave duckie at that... I'm betting our duckie is a hen, not a drake
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:27 pm

Yup, just saw on the other thread that Chris had to finish his/her work and will meet us here later. I'd better go and get something done too. See you when the dishes are loaded! And I'm thinkin' girl, too, but there are several male BzzAgents, so you never know. The name could have been a joke. My son would do that in a heartbeat. babyduckie, question 956600
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:29 pm

I missed the part about work -- and here I was thinking that you girls had scared Chris off! I'm off to take a nice long bath and will be bak in a bit.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by babyduckie Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:44 pm

aloha..everyone..

Im definitely a very old girl duckie..i turn 50 this May..but i decided years ago that I will be perpetually 43.. I was a military brat and came to Hawaii when I was 15..while in high school I met and married my true love..we’ve been married for 32 years and have 4 grown children (of which 3 are married)..who are 31, 30, 28 and 27..so after you do the math I’m sure you’ve figured out that I got married very young and had many kids when I was very young..I’m so happy those days are over..but now I have 8 beautiful grandchildren ranging in ages..12, 12, 11, 8, 7, 6, 5 and 16 months..the best thing about grandkids is that I can have them over and when I’m tired..i can just tell their parents to come get them..lol

oh..and i have over 7000 pts..so i could get several crep makers..but i want an Ipod..lol

Last edited by babyduckie on Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
babyduckie
babyduckie
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 152
Honeycomb : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:59 pm

Happy to hear that you're in love! I've been married 18 years as of last weekend, and it was the best thing I ever did, hands down. How cool that you also have four kids. I'm losing track, but I think that makes four of us moms here with four kids. Me, Kath (whose kids are also grown), Chelle, and you.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by babyduckie Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:03 pm

Happy belated anniversary..you should come to hawaii and renew your vows on the beach on your 20th...i know a judge..lol
babyduckie
babyduckie
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by babyduckie Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:11 pm

good nite ladies..thank you for sharing your day with me..
babyduckie
babyduckie
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:20 pm

babyduckie wrote:Happy belated anniversary..you should come to hawaii and renew your vows on the beach on your 20th...i know a judge..lol

I would if I could afford it! I'd love to go there some day. Is it as beautiful as they say?
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:55 pm

babyduckie wrote:
oh..and i have over 7000 pts..so i could get several crep makers..but i want an Ipod..lol
You're like me. I will hoard points until I see something I want and that's all there is to it! I got an iPod shuffle, which I do really like, but since I've heard that there are some Nanos floating around out there I'm a bit jealous...
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:33 am

Karen, I keep telling you those ARE NOT My kids... No way, no how!

LOL

shoot babyduckie, you wernt too young! I was 18 when I married. I was unable to have kids for 5 years but I tried Smile

Its just nice to know that after I gt these forgien kids out of my house I will still have enough brain cells left to function enough to run a puter. Smile
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:05 am

[quote="chelle"]Karen, I keep telling you those ARE NOT My kids... No way, no how!

[quote]
I can't deny mine. I've got too many stretch marks for them to have come from anywhere else!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:27 am

Chelle... you do crack me up...

Nice to be getting to know you a bit duckie! It is true I a member of the 4 kids club. I married about two months after turning 18,
my first child was born 13 months later. I had four in five years, and on my 25th birthday,sat at my own party with all of my friends,
only one of whom had any children at all.. and went into a bit of a funk.

It didn't last and those child raising, ( and sometimes hair raising ) years are some of the best of my life. Certainly the best of my adult life.
I loved it. We had little money, but we had a home and plain food and books and love.., so there ya are!

I am fortunate that my kids stay in touch with each other and me every single week and I love that...but they are scattered about, no one
able to stop by on a saturday afternoon.. and THAT makes me sad/

anyway

so much for my introduction..

now, when can we all visit you in Hawaii?
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:21 am

kath wrote:now, when can we all visit you in Hawaii?

Amen to that! I vote our first ever get-together is at your place! Well, if someone finds a good deal on flights, that is.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:58 am

All of Hawaii is beautiful, but I liked Maui the most. We took a trip over in 92 and would so like to go back. Heck, we even considered moving their while looking for a place to relocate... but decided we'd never see the kids/grandkids again if we moved so far away!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by babyduckie Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:31 pm

thank you everyone for sharing your lives with me..

hawaii is a beautiful place..unfortunately its not user friendly for those of us who live here..there's no rent control..so the rent prices are sky high right now..many working families are homeless and live on the beach in tents..right now the state is trying to evict them from the beaches and where are they to go?..the average cost of a 3 bedroom home is over $3000 a month..if you are extremely lucky you can find a rent subsidized home or apartment but those are very rare..

Living in Hawaii with 4 kids was definitely a struggle..jobs never paid enough and lots of people work two or three jobs just to make ends meet..owning a home is Hawaii is a vague dream now..as I get older I know that it will never happen..but I always believe what you have on earth is nothing..our riches are in heaven..

I'm blessed because struggling in Hawaii has made my family very close..all my children are involved in each other's lives..my daughter, Malia, lives in Utah..but we talk every day just like when she was living a mile away..her sister is in daily contact with her also..the boys call on special occasions..but at least they always think of her..my youngest daughter, Kanoi, still lives at home..we live in a high rise with an ocean view..its 2 bedrooms and we pay $2600 a month but that includes utilities..its the cheapest place we can find to live..

You see all these shows that depict Hawaii so beautifully..unfortunately there's a bad side to everything..we need tourism here..but its so expensive for most tourist..we do have a bus system that runs everywhere on the island and its only $2..believe it or not..in the 90s..it only cost .60 to the ride the bus anywhere...lol.. i live on Oahu and its the crowded island..maui is nice..pretty beaches..i think more tourist go there than anywhere else because its quiet and its the way Hawaii should be seen...Kauai is nice too..the Big Island is where the volcano is erupting right now..don't go now if you have asthma..it will kill you...too much vog in the air..but it is beautiful to see the lava flowing into the ocean and making the island even bigger..

ok..as you can see..i love to talk...lol
babyduckie
babyduckie
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:39 pm

babyduckie wrote:

hawaii is a beautiful place ..the average cost of a 3 bedroom home is over $3000 a month..if you are extremely lucky you can find a rent subsidized home or apartment but those are very rare..

..we live in a high rise with an ocean view..its 2 bedrooms and we pay $2600 a month but that includes utilities..its the cheapest place we can find to live..

i live on Oahu and its the crowded island..
ok..as you can see..i love to talk...lol

While In Oahu (the first few days of our two week visit), we laughed when we saw a Woolworths that advertised Sushi on the windows! How funny we thought.

But at Christmas, Wikki (sp) was absolutely gorgeous, and we loved visiting Pearl Harbor.

But with those prices you mentioned, guess it was a good thing Chuck and I didn't re-locate there! KY is a pretty cheap place to live, even though we don't have those beautiful beaches!

Thanks for giving us the tour, I love reading about Hawaii, especially from the viewpoint of those who actually live there.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:43 pm

We are almost the same age. I will turn 50 in July.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:46 pm

Honey wrote:We are almost the same age. I will turn 50 in July.

Hey, I turned 50 too, one Feb., just not necessarily THIS past Feb lol!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:49 pm

Babyduckie, what beautiful names your daughters have. I can't imagine having to pay that much for rent. We have been really fortunate in that we live in my husband's grandparent's home. No rent, but oodles and oodles of repairs instead. I bet getting freebies on the web is even more important when you live with such high expenses!
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by babyduckie Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:02 pm

Happy Early Birthday Rochelle..don't you hate it..50 sounds so ancient..but yet i feel like im still in my 20s...lol..people say that the 40s are the new 30s..so 50s should be the new 40s..i don't know..i still feel a lot younger than my 40s..

wow..woolworths..i miss that store..all those types of stores closed down years ago..you could buy any kind of yarn or material you wanted at woolworths..now there's no place to buy that except Walmart and its just not the same anymore..

i heard on the news last night that Hawaii is finally getting a Victoria Secrets..i love the lotions and the sprays and you can't buy those things online and ship to Hawaii..so I'm happy we're finally getting one..another store is Target..finally..we're getting 2 in the next few years...

Hawaii is so behind in so many things.. in the 1970s we were still 2 weeks behind in tv programs..thank God..its not like that anymore..i would die if I couldn't keep track of Lost..lol

this morning..i walked to the downtown starbucks to get coffee for my husband and myself..and Lost was filming in the area..actually they were breaking down the set and as I passed by them..i could see furniture marked "Jack's chair..Jack's file cabinet..Jack's blotter" it was so cool..i guess when they shoot a scene..everything has to brought in."
babyduckie
babyduckie
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by babyduckie Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:07 pm

my husband is part-hawaiian and i thought it was only appropriate to give our children Hawaiian names..but after I got pregnant in school and we decided to get married..he knew that the only way to support us would be to join the Army..so while we were stationed in Alaska..the two boys were born..i named one son..kale..which is a hawaiian name but the second son...(and this was because all our friends were either mexican or puerto rican) got named Raymond Anibal...my poor son..to go through life with that name...lol..anyway i never stop hearing it from him why he doesn't have a hawaiian name..the funny thing is..he's very tanned and could pass for filipino..so the name fits...lol

oh..and we can have the 1st bzz reunion in Hawaii... i have some connections with hotels and could probably get discounts..

and yes..freebies and coupons are very important to me..living here in hawaii...
babyduckie
babyduckie
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:17 pm

I gave all my kids strange names. My oldest is Zaven Scott. Zaven is an Armenian name, and my mom's parents immigrated from Armenia so it was nice to give him some heritage. And of course his dad is named Scott.

My daughter is Kathryn Calypso. Kathryn for my name, since Karen and Kathryn are both derivatives of Catherine. And Calypso for Jacques Cousteau's boat! We all call her Caly, rhymes with Sally.

My second daughter is Zoe Linsky. She was 8 years after Caly, so the bigger two wanted to help name her. Zaven picked Zoe as his consolation prize for her not being a boy. And Caly picked Linsky after a cat called Jenny Linsky in her favorite book series.

And we let Scott name the baby. Lightning Quinn. Yup. Lightning. But Scott's mom had a fit and won't let anyone call him that around her. So we mostly call him Quinn.

After it was all done with I told them I couldn't believe I had forgotten to give any of them Danger as a middle name. So right off Zaven called dibbs on having his kid be able to say, "Danger is my middle name!" Now all he has to do is find a girl who'll let him get away with that.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content