Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You still redeem points for >2 campaign reports

+13
Scar
armybrat
trax
chelle
spiritia
edbson
Muggins
aundrea2u
Rebecca1340
idatater46
arny
Honey
Canyonero
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

You still redeem points for >2 campaign reports - Page 2 Empty Re: You still redeem points for >2 campaign reports

Post by armybrat Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:34 pm

As a Canadian bzzagent, I feel neglected by the new system. MyPoints is practically useless to me. Most of the ways to earn extra points on the site are not applicable to Canada
and the rewards are primarily geared to US members. Bzz has not offered Canadians anywhere near the campaign opportunities as our American counterparts are offered. Bzz is an American focused company and I am one of the token Canadians. I think I may file for divorce.
armybrat
armybrat
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

You still redeem points for >2 campaign reports - Page 2 Empty Re: You still redeem points for >2 campaign reports

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:47 pm

armybrat wrote:As a Canadian bzzagent, I feel neglected by the new system. MyPoints is practically useless to me. Most of the ways to earn extra points on the site are not applicable to Canada
and the rewards are primarily geared to US members. Bzz has not offered Canadians anywhere near the campaign opportunities as our American counterparts are offered. Bzz is an American focused company and I am one of the token Canadians. I think I may file for divorce.
I can certainly understand where you're coming from. The giftcertificate.ca stores are useless to me -- well, I guess if I really wanted to go to Old Navy or the Gap I could drive an hour to use my $25 gc. With the price of gas here (more than the US), that's not too likely to happen! BzzAgent hasn't done much to thank us in all of this!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by armybrat Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm

Rebecca1340 wrote:
armybrat wrote:As a Canadian bzzagent, I feel neglected by the new system. MyPoints is practically useless to me. Most of the ways to earn extra points on the site are not applicable to Canada
I can certainly understand where you're coming from. The giftcertificate.ca stores are useless to me -- well, I guess if I really wanted to go to Old Navy or the Gap I could drive an hour to use my $25 gc. With the price of gas here (more than the US), that's not too likely to happen! BzzAgent hasn't done much to thank us in all of this!

I would have to drive two and a half hours to go to Old Navy. Not worth it for a $25 gc and gas at $1.31.9/litre! BzzAgent has stung us!!
armybrat
armybrat
Bzzing
Bzzing

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:59 pm

I absolutely agree.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by armybrat Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:05 pm

I am really ticked with MyPoints right now. I want to redeem for a gc & will send it to my daughter who lives in Florida.....but I have been waiting for half an hour to go from the login to a page that loads and am getting nowhere!!!
armybrat
armybrat
Bzzing
Bzzing

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:07 pm

I wound up losing all my bzzpoints rather than dealing with them -- they just weren't worth the aggravation for me. It just seemed like a way to make my life simpler. I still think we got screwed, I just don't have to try to deal with MyPits now.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:11 pm

trax wrote:Well, Chelle - you are lucky to have a walmart! cheers

With reference to a point made by Rebecca on duty. Here is an example:
Purchased made on line: 1 cd - approximate value $14.97
Shipping to British Columbia from Connecticut
Completion Price $53.97

Holy shit!
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:12 pm

edbson wrote:
trax wrote:Well, Chelle - you are lucky to have a walmart! cheers

With reference to a point made by Rebecca on duty. Here is an example:
Purchased made on line: 1 cd - approximate value $14.97
Shipping to British Columbia from Connecticut
Completion Price $53.97

Holy shit!
And that's very typical.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:17 pm

Honey - the federal government receives the duty on goods purchased from the USA. There is a basic duty tax; goods and services tax; provincial sales tax and the a service fee which is paid directly to Canadian (several curse words here) Revenue Agency. Depending on what you have purchased there can be more taxes. It is not worth it.

Now after writing about the duty, etc., let me raise my blood pressure up a little more. When it comes to gift cards, my points, whatever - to be honest, I am so pissed. Generally, I am not lost for words but here I am. It is simple, Canadians got screwed.

Furthermore, mypoints and gift cards well, they don't mean a damn thing if you are not receiving any campaigns.

Divorce - yep, I am thinking about it - but right now I really should have a drink to calm myself down - but geez and yikers is it 10:15 a.m. You still redeem points for >2 campaign reports - Page 2 439161
trax
trax
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:44 pm

Could you have someone in the US purchase things for you then mail them?
Would the package still be intercepted by customs?
Scar
Scar

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Yep, customs still gets to open them if they feel like it. Personally, I don't think we should have to sneak around like that anyway.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:51 pm

I have a step son residing in the United States. Even when they bring a gift up for us; they must state what it is, where it is going, why it is going there, does it poop, it is like baby poop. . . .

You never want to screw acround with border agents; you speak when you are spoken to and just answer the question, do not add anything. Then, get the hell out of there!
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by armybrat Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:14 pm

Scar wrote:Could you have someone in the US purchase things for you then mail them?
Would the package still be intercepted by customs?

Customs can open any package, even a gift. We would still get nailed for duty & GST. pirat
armybrat
armybrat
Bzzing
Bzzing

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:04 pm

Damn!
Scar
Scar

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:20 pm

Crappity crap crap.. they are already gone Rebecca? I have been losing sleep over that Crying or Very sad
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:14 pm

They are gone. As you can see from this thread there was no reason for me to keep them.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spiritia Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:51 pm

Rebecca you could have got the Gift Pass and at least purchased Chapters gift certificates. They are good online too. You would have had enough to purchase at least 39 dollars worth of stuff for the free shipping. If you didn't want books or music, you could have donated them to a school or something.
spiritia
spiritia
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-05-08

http://medhatmommies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sati769leigh Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:59 pm

i can tell you for fact that you still get mypoints for your reports past 2 per campaign. LOL i submitted and had 4 approved today alone.
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 293
Honeycomb : sati769leigh@hotmail.com
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:37 pm

sati, we knew ( or I did , lots of these folks are behind me or just never belive me... hmmmm...Wink ) that you still got points, you just cant fill a honeycomb, you cant go up in levels past two reports per campaign. So, ....

For me the point before was getting points AND advancing. Now I get a portion of the points I once did, and dont advance. hence my 2 report limit. Smile
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:41 pm

I wanted a top 100 spot, lol. I didn't and still don't care much about the points. For me it was all about the quality, now there is no quality score, lol. I must admit I liked watching my numbers, top 100 had nothing to do with points, at least I don't think they did.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:32 am

spiritia wrote:Rebecca you could have got the Gift Pass and at least purchased Chapters gift certificates. They are good online too. You would have had enough to purchase at least 39 dollars worth of stuff for the free shipping. If you didn't want books or music, you could have donated them to a school or something.
Dealing with MyPits isn't worth the headache. Besides, I could never get far enough into the site to confirm it was a Canadian chapters card and not one that would be worthless here. After you throw in that reports are only worth around 50 MyPits points or around 7 or 8 old BzzPoints, I would rather ditch them than save points for years and years with a carrot dangling in front of me that I'll never get due to lack of campaigns here.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by calypso531 Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:06 am

I also was very frustrated when I looked at the mypits website to see what I could redeem for my points that I could actually use here in Canada. I really don't believe that I will get anything from this switch.

calypso531
Larva
Larva

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:01 am

It's extremely frustrating -- especially when you hear that even people from Toronto don't have many of the stores local to them! If anyone was going to have variety it would have been them!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2