Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe.....please read.....our thoughts once June 9th hit

+26
Missy
JeepMom
Rebecca1340
tara
kashicaat
BeachyBum
chiquita55
idatater46
Connie
cheyandwysmom
trax
Muggins
bzzinalong
dms07
emach12
kath
Honey
Scar
BzzAgentJoeC
KellyM
Lori
arny
sati769leigh
Scarlett
eat_a_cookies
mrschia
30 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Joe.....please read.....our thoughts once June 9th hit Empty Joe.....please read.....our thoughts once June 9th hit

Post by mrschia Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:42 am

Here is a thread for Joe to get a quick idea of our thoughts without having to read a 100 threads. He may not have time to to scan all of them.

So please post what your thoughts and concerns are here.
mrschia
mrschia
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 670
Honeycomb : Level 6~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Joe.....please read.....our thoughts once June 9th hit Empty Re: Joe.....please read.....our thoughts once June 9th hit

Post by eat_a_cookies Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:46 am

It doesn't sound like the WOMlets are much fun at all.
eat_a_cookies
eat_a_cookies
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Joe.....please read.....our thoughts once June 9th hit Empty Re: Joe.....please read.....our thoughts once June 9th hit

Post by Scarlett Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:47 am

My concerns are:

1. MAX off 55 mypoints per report?

2. filling 1 comb a month?..possibly 3 providing u start a new campaign & submit 2 reports that get approved..and have a campaign finish and take the end poll/survey..and of course reviewing 3 frogs a month. So if we are not offers campaigns often..the average agent can only fill 1 comb a month...if a person needs 6 combs to go up ..that will take 6 months?

3. the womlets? are they just going to be discounts to other websites etc?

If I think of nething else I'll edit and add.
Scarlett
Scarlett

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by sati769leigh Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:53 am

ok kinda repeating BUT

previous reports i average 30-35 Bzz points. you multiplied them by 8 for Mypoints conversion. so i would have thought i would get around 240 mypoints now. instead our hard work is devalued once again. so now we can get 55 MYPOINTS meaning our reports are worth 7 Bzz points on the old scale. that is an insult to hard working agents. wow. combine that with the fact that it costs a LOT more to GET a reward from Mypoints and you have us all being kinda screwed on the supposed reward system.

filling the honeycomb is great, seems like it might take some time but i love the challenge

why is Bzz agent now spamming its hard working agents with womlets? another insult, seriously. was Bzz agent NOT making enough money so they added this? what is Bzz agents kickback for adding these?

what is going on with Mypoints? their rewards are now much more epensive then when we all first looked them over. and many have flat out dissappeared!!
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 293
Honeycomb : sati769leigh@hotmail.com
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by eat_a_cookies Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:55 am

Sati - most of the time, MyPoints rewards disappear when they are gone. They will reappear when they are restocked. It could be that regular MyPointers decided to redeem before BzzAgent hit.
eat_a_cookies
eat_a_cookies
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by arny Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:13 am

I guess my only question at this time is how does a tier 1 who has been with Bzz for 4 years putting forth minimal effort become now a Sweet 6...where tier 4's who have put much effort into bzzing only be a 5 (social)? With less than 2 years...was it based on how long you were a member?? Amount of campaigns?? Reports??

This isn't my personal issue (its similar but not mine) but valid points made by others that I have read on other boards..
arny
arny

Number of posts : 951
Honeycomb : Level 6 and 33 honeycombs and 0 keys
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:17 am

It could be that regular MyPointers decided to redeem before BzzAgent hit.

How would regular MyyPointers (those not associated with BzzAgent) even know about what is gonna hit the fan tomorrow when all the Bzzers try to redeem? They must have run out already even knowing what a demand there is going to be tomorrow. A little disheartening.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:18 am

arny, there are some (notice I am not saying all) who were low tiers because of length of time between campaigns offered. They may have written a ton of reports per campaign, and completed every frog they could get their hands on but due to lack of campaigns limped along in a low tier for a long period of time. For those people it wasn't minimal effort just undesirable demographics.
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:22 am

I was a top 30 agent. Now I'm a level 5 honeycomb..

this has frosted my cheerios..but oh well not like joe or anyone at the hive will listen or give a rats ass..whats done is done.
Scarlett
Scarlett

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by eat_a_cookies Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:23 am

thebutlerdidit wrote:How would regular MyyPointers (those not associated with BzzAgent) even know about what is gonna hit the fan tomorrow when all the Bzzers try to redeem? They must have run out already even knowing what a demand there is going to be tomorrow. A little disheartening.

A lot of people who participate in things like MyPoints know about programs like BzzAgent. I think it would be easy for someone to find out what is going on. And MyPoints did offer a BzzAgent BonusMail...maybe the regular MyPointers saw that and was like "OH snap, I better redeem!" They could have followed that email to BzzAgent, and read the BeeLog, or any number of things. All it takes is for someone to post about BzzPerks or Shaloha on one of the deal message boards. And didn't someone say that there was something on MyPoints about BzzAgent?
eat_a_cookies
eat_a_cookies
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:26 am

That's a good point Kelly, and there will be many very happy BzzAgents today. Those who accepted campaigns for the free stuff and never did anything else with it - not so much. There is some justice to the new system.

I myself am happy with where I stand right now as I have only been a member since December of '07.

My beef is that my over-200 Participation points did not help my status at all. I spent a lot of time looking at those sites and posting opinions.

I never did have a banner on MyPoints about BzzAgent. Seems like only a few did and they were ones who just signed up for MyPoints through the Shaloha switcheroo.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6

Back to top Go down

Post by BzzAgentJoeC Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:27 am

All,

I am going to let people weigh in here and on the BeeLog a bit more, and in the next few days I'll come back here and answer, best I can, several of your questions. Like when we announced Shaloha, we made a decision to let Agents experience the changes and answer one another's questions best they can, at least initially.

I will clear up one misconception: There is not a one-honeycomb-per-mounth cap. You can fill multiple honeycombs per month. We will clarify that better in our messaging.

JoeC

BzzAgentJoeC
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.bzzagent.com

Back to top Go down

Post by arny Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:34 am

KellyM wrote:arny, there are some (notice I am not saying all) who were low tiers because of length of time between campaigns offered. They may have written a ton of reports per campaign, and completed every frog they could get their hands on but due to lack of campaigns limped along in a low tier for a long period of time. For those people it wasn't minimal effort just undesirable demographics.
I understand that..but I would think they would have looked at overall effort by each Bzz'er...if said Bzz'er did 2 reports at 30 and 3 ok...I can see the movement..

But a few did no reports...some had reports that received little points and 1 quality..
I guess it doesn't matter..suck it up and live with it. I just feel for those tier 4's that lost keys..invites.
arny
arny

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:38 am

I can see your point, there are always some things that don't seem to make sense..I would probably be upset if that happened to me..
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:42 am

BzzAgentJoeC wrote:All,

I am going to let people weigh in here and on the BeeLog a bit more, and in the next few days I'll come back here and answer, best I can, several of your questions. Like when we announced Shaloha, we made a decision to let Agents experience the changes and answer one another's questions best they can, at least initially.

I will clear up one misconception: There is not a one-honeycomb-per-mounth cap. You can fill multiple honeycombs per month. We will clarify that better in our messaging.

JoeC

Thanks Joe,
I'd really appreciate some clarification.
I have an IQ of 159 and all this is still rather confusing. geek
Scar
Scar

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mrschia Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:46 am

Thanks Joe, I was really hoping this would catch your eye since there are so many to read.
mrschia
mrschia

Number of posts : 670
Honeycomb : Level 6~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:47 am

I feel like I lost credit for all the bzzing I did. It seems to me like I only got credit ( a honeycomb) for 2 reports per campaign. Yes I got Mypoints, but no status value. One campaign I have 24 reports so far. The campaign is still open, but IF my report is deemed acceptable, I can get a max of 55 Mypoints, some spam offers and that it is. Not really worth it to me. I have more than fufilled my obligation, no real reason to write up any more imo.
I also feel like I got screwed with my frogpond reviews, because I only got credit for 3 per month. I did 19 one month, but that still just gives me status the same as 3.
I was a top 100 agent who joined in 2004, and am now a honey bee confused
I feel like I bzzed my stinger off, so I guess that is what happened. Don't bees die when the stinger comes off?
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:03 am

I am fine with all of it. But then, as I have said before, Bzzing is a hobby for me...just a hobby, and not one of my top 3. I am fine with MyPoints, and it sure looks as if the switch over went well.

I spend a few minutes writing each report, usually a couple of paragraphs.. 55pts is okay with me. It looks to me like a good way to get Amazon GCs or others...

Sorry, still cant work up any mad over shaloha or MP. Joe.....please read.....our thoughts once June 9th hit Shrug
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by emach12 Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:11 am

I went down a tier...

I'm not happy about it.

I hit every frog...

Did 20 bzzreports per campaign...

Went from 3 down to 2.

I like the new system, do not get me wrong, but I am irked that I went DOWN a teir...
emach12
emach12
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 163
Honeycomb : sitting at 4
Registration date : 2008-04-07

http://waitingforthestopsigntoturngreen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:16 am

? emach.. there are no tiers...
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by arny Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:16 am

KellyM wrote:I can see your point, there are always some things that don't seem to make sense..I would probably be upset if that happened to me..
Thankfully it didn't happen to me..I landed in the middle which is fine with me..
I feel its fair where I landed. I have put a reasonable amount of time and effort...and admit Frog Pond scares me...so I didn't do it..

I was just floored reading a tier 1 got a level 6...red flag went up!!
arny
arny

Back to top Go down

Post by eat_a_cookies Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:24 am

arny wrote:I was just floored reading a tier 1 got a level 6...red flag went up!!

I was a Tier 1, and now I'm a Level 6. To be honest, I think that the fact they are taking past history into account is a good thing. It's fair for some of us that have been around for a long time but try as they might, couldn't get past certain Tiers. For a long time, there was nothing for me to do. There were no campaigns. I did all the frogs. There was literally nothing to do. It was disappointing, seeing as the first two years I was involved in BzzAgent, I did SO MUCH. There were tons of campaigns and BzzBlasts, there were always lists of polls and surveys...despite the fact that I never submitted 50 reports during one Campaign, I did a LOT. I can't figure out why or how I never made any progress, because I put all I could into Bzzing and participating. In fact, not until very recently did I start getting near Tier 2. You should have SEEN my participation points. I had tons of them. No matter what, I couldn't go anywhere.

So I don't necessarily think it's fair to lump all the Former Tier 1 to Current Level 6 people into the "unfair" category. Every one of those situations is very different, and I doubt that a former Tier 1 that just joined a few months ago is currently a Level 6, given the list of criteria they say they considered when appointing the status.
eat_a_cookies
eat_a_cookies
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by emach12 Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:25 am

kath wrote:? emach.. there are no tiers...

Sorry...LEVEL
emach12
emach12
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 163
Honeycomb : sitting at 4
Registration date : 2008-04-07

http://waitingforthestopsigntoturngreen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by arny Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:30 am

eat_a_cookies wrote:
arny wrote:I was just floored reading a tier 1 got a level 6...red flag went up!!

I was a Tier 1, and now I'm a Level 6. To be honest, I think that the fact they are taking past history into account is a good thing. It's fair for some of us that have been around for a long time but try as they might, couldn't get past certain Tiers. For a long time, there was nothing for me to do. There were no campaigns. I did all the frogs. There was literally nothing to do. It was disappointing, seeing as the first two years I was involved in BzzAgent, I did SO MUCH. There were tons of campaigns and BzzBlasts, there were always lists of polls and surveys...despite the fact that I never submitted 50 reports during one Campaign, I did a LOT. I can't figure out why or how I never made any progress, because I put all I could into Bzzing and participating. In fact, not until very recently did I start getting near Tier 2. You should have SEEN my participation points. I had tons of them. No matter what, I couldn't go anywhere.

So I don't necessarily think it's fair to lump all the Former Tier 1 to Current Level 6 people into the "unfair" category. Every one of those situations is very different, and I doubt that a former Tier 1 that just joined a few months ago is currently a Level 6, given the list of criteria they say they considered when appointing the status.

Did you simply not get campaigns??? I was under the impression you do the frog pond you added to your ability to move up tiers...I guess I am mistaken on that..

I don't mean to label you in anyway..but a few posters (not here) remarked about those things I posted and I questioned it..
arny
arny

Back to top Go down

Post by dms07 Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:33 am

arny wrote:

I was just floored reading a tier 1 got a level 6...red flag went up!!

I don't see why a "red flag" went up because someone went from a tier 1 to level 6. I did too. I've been a member since early 2005, did 287 polls/surveys and was involved in 49 campaigns. I stayed at a tier 1 mainly because I had alot of campaigns going on at any one time and didn't have time to write 20-30 reports per campaign. I also took 2 long breaks from Bzzagent. Alot of tier 1 and 2's that have jumped further up the new levels did so because of past history.
dms07
dms07
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 81
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next