Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maybe I'll Just Stuff All My Points

+5
chelle
Jezzelle
mrschia
brandiland73
Rebecca1340
9 posters

Go down

Maybe I'll Just Stuff All My Points Empty Maybe I'll Just Stuff All My Points

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu May 22, 2008 3:56 pm

The more I read about MyPoints from different sites online, the more I start to think that even if the conversion rate had been 200% instead of 60% it still wouldn't be worth putting up with the spam and spyware. Then I could just keep my BzzAgent status by doing the bare minimum number of reports and nothing more. I don't know, it's just the latest thought floating through my head. I guess I've moved from the angry stage into the disilluioned stage.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Maybe I'll Just Stuff All My Points Empty Re: Maybe I'll Just Stuff All My Points

Post by brandiland73 Thu May 22, 2008 3:58 pm

Redeem your stored points once. Do one mypoints activity and dont log in again. No Spyware No issues.

Keep buzzing for the bzz products and call it a day
brandiland73
brandiland73
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 710
Honeycomb : Five....I think
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://home.comcast.net/~brandihampson/

Back to top Go down

Maybe I'll Just Stuff All My Points Empty Re: Maybe I'll Just Stuff All My Points

Post by mrschia Thu May 22, 2008 4:04 pm

yep, that is what I am going to do...just the campaign part...who cares about the rewards. I will still do my reports, but not my points. I will do 5ish instead of 10ish though. Glad I got my remote, I consider it my reward.

sad, but I bet tons will do this and all our hard work was in vane....
mrschia
mrschia

Number of posts : 670
Honeycomb : Level 6~ Sweet Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu May 22, 2008 4:10 pm

The more I toss the idea around, the better I feel about it.
Even the thought of having to sign up for MyPits makes me angry. I get angrier still when I try to log on and have spyware blockers and virus alerts going off. Then I get angry again when I think about the 40% of my buying power that was stolen from me (they're taking it without asking, that's stealing, isn't it?). Too much headache for too little reward.
I hope no one who was in on the reward restructuring takes this personally, but I've really been left wondering how much BzzAgent really cares about its agents after this debaucle.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezzelle Thu May 22, 2008 4:33 pm

Well, one thing the hive could have done was sent us a poll or something, to gauge our interest in this type of change. I don't mind it, but then again I already have mypoints already and in the past have missed out on getting the good (ipod, anyone?) bzz rewards. Someone mentioned somewhere that mypoints was in the frogpond (I don't venture there) at some point. I wonder what kind of feedback they received from that?
Jezzelle
Jezzelle
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu May 22, 2008 5:07 pm

Good question Jezzelle. I don't do the swamp so I don't know.
I just emailed the hive to see if it was possible to change our minds if we had already told them to send the points to MyPits. We'll see what they say.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Thu May 22, 2008 5:08 pm

its understandable why you would just give up your points, but to do so is falling into the boat that bzz wants you in . They dont want you to redeem. it costs them money. They would love for us to all say "screw it" and walk away.

Like so many are HAVING to do because of the 'one my points per household', or 'under 18'. or those that just dont have many points.

So the only way to win is to stick it to them now, do the minimum and then stick it to them every chance you get.

Not that I am bitter or anything.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Thu May 22, 2008 5:14 pm

I am a mypoints hater, and I am also ticked about the change. I will redeem my points, but then I am done. If there are no tangible rewards I may not put as much effort into the whole thing.
What REALLY pisses me off is that we will have to pay shipping on our rewards now. sucks huh?
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu May 22, 2008 5:20 pm

LMAO! Well I certainly worded my email so that it was clear that I was tossing the idea around... nothing definate. At this point I think I screw them more by doing the minimum number of reports/campaign than I do through putting myself through the aggrivation of MyPits. I've tried MyPits on my laptop, my pc, and the Mac and none of them will let me in so it's actually more about my aggravation level than it is about screwing them. I guess I just live in a virtual fortress here!
In all honesty, the disrespect BzzAgent has shown us in the past 18 hours had me on the verge of packing it in. Then I realized that I like this board too much and it wouldn't be much of an Unofficial Bzz board if the Admin wasn't a BzzAgent Maybe I'll Just Stuff All My Points 88315
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu May 22, 2008 5:23 pm

edbson wrote:I am a mypoints hater, and I am also ticked about the change. I will redeem my points, but then I am done. If there are no tangible rewards I may not put as much effort into the whole thing.
What REALLY pisses me off is that we will have to pay shipping on our rewards now. sucks huh?
What? We have to pay shipping? Canadians don't have to pay duty, but here's a shipping charge for you? I suppose shipping could be less than duty (duty varies sometimes), but that would be like me offering to send you one of my stained glass pieces for being such a great board member, but sending it postage due. Evil or Very Mad
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett Thu May 22, 2008 5:45 pm

wth we have to pay shipping????????????

omg i'm so pissed about this whole thing now!
Scarlett
Scarlett

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu May 22, 2008 6:13 pm

I think you have to pay shipping if you use your gift cards online, but not if you simply opt to have them send you the gift card. But I'm not sure, having never used MyPoints.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiland73 Thu May 22, 2008 6:38 pm

edbson wrote:I am a mypoints hater, and I am also ticked about the change. I will redeem my points, but then I am done. If there are no tangible rewards I may not put as much effort into the whole thing.

There are no shipping costs on mypoints rewards???? and you can use them in the b&m stores??
brandiland73
brandiland73

Number of posts : 710
Honeycomb : Five....I think

http://home.comcast.net/~brandihampson/

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Thu May 22, 2008 6:41 pm

I have never paid a shipping charge to get a gc from Mypoints. As far as when you use your card, it depends on the rules at the site you are buying from, weather you are shopping through a Mypoints link or not. In other words, if you are buying from WalMart it depends on WalMart's shipping rules, not Mypoints rules.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Thu May 22, 2008 6:42 pm

Good point Brandi, I have mostly used at b&m stores ro restaurants.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down