Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What will you be doing with your gift cards?

+27
Muggins
trax
Maggie
Flamingo
bizzeedee
sati769leigh
chelle
pinkpearsonaka
mandja
mlking14
tegansmom
arny
Missy
idatater46
JeepMom
edbson
bzzinalong
kath
zard92
southcarolinagirl
Lori
firedancer201
Kate2456
eat_a_cookies
Scar
BeachyBum
thebigscott
31 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What will you be doing with your gift cards? Empty What will you be doing with your gift cards?

Post by thebigscott Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:47 am

It looks like some of the MyPoints gift cards are in the mail now. So what are you planning on doing with the cards once you get them? Are you saving them for gifts? Going out to eat? Buying clothes for the kids? Putting gas in your car?

I got $200 in Lowe's gift cards, so I'm going to be ripping up the linoleum in my kitchen and putting in some tile. I was tempted to use it for things I would be buying anyway (like gas or food), but I wanted something that would last. And since I do need to do this (there are holes in the linoleum) I think it qualifies as practical. Plus, I will always be able to say I paid for my kitchen floor with BzzAgent rewards.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

What will you be doing with your gift cards? Empty Re: What will you be doing with your gift cards?

Post by BeachyBum Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:53 am

So far I haven't ordered any rewards ..... I was thinking of buying gift cards to give out to my team at work for Christmas, but I think I'm feeling a little more selfish. lol

I'd love to use mine for some home repairs, that's a great idea!

I have play money right now from coke rewards ..... $50 to spend at sephora. I think I'll use MyPoints for something less fun. lol

ETA: I had to fix hangover typos!

Last edited by BeachyBum on Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
BeachyBum
BeachyBum
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

What will you be doing with your gift cards? Empty Re: What will you be doing with your gift cards?

Post by Scar Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:02 pm

One word - Christmas
Scar
Scar

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by eat_a_cookies Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:12 pm

One word - iPod.

(I know everyone is sick of hearing me say that, but my old Creative is a BRICK)
eat_a_cookies
eat_a_cookies
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate2456 Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:47 pm

eat_a_cookie, you won't regret it. I love mine. Will you have enough to buy it after you redeem? I haven't cashed in yet but I am thinking of somewhere to buy stuff for my new apartment.

Kate2456
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by firedancer201 Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:55 pm

I got a $50 to Old Navy which will be used for school clothes for the kids. I know it is just a start, but it will help.

I also got a $25 to Walmart which will be used for an emergency.

firedancer201
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:57 pm

Kate, take a glance at Overstock.com's website. You might want to consider GC's from there. Plus, if you ordered through MyPoints you'd earn even more points on your order.

I have ordered so many things from Overstock...furniture, rugs galore, sheets, handbags...the list goes on.

My cards will be gifts, but I didn't get any big dollar GC's.

Love the linoleum! A very wise choice, Karen!
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by southcarolinagirl Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:18 pm

I wanted Pottery Barn Kids gift cards so I can buy my two children two of the overstuffed chairs for the den/their room. I would never spend that much of my own money, but I really like them and thought it would be the perfect way to spend some of my rewards.
southcarolinagirl
southcarolinagirl
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 67
Honeycomb : Level 5
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by zard92 Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:36 pm

Buying lots and lots of coffee to keep me awake. (I cashed out for $100 of Starbucks coffee Smile

Lisa
zard92
zard92
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 94
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-05-07

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Lisa-Michalek

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:42 pm

I'm with you Karen. Mine arrived today and will go to Lowe's for a new kitchen floor. Smile
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:59 pm

zard92 wrote:Buying lots and lots of coffee to keep me awake. (I cashed out for $100 of Starbucks coffee Smile

Lisa

Looks as if you love starbucks as much as I do!
Scar
Scar

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzinalong Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:54 pm

I got a $50 & $25 gc for Target. I haven't made up my mind yet what I'm going to use it for but I've got my eye on a Bissell Little Green I've been wanting. We have light colored carpet and it gets so dirty. I also got a $10 Bath and Body Works gc, I love BBW:)

I started to get the starbucks card, but then I decided against it. I'm addicted enough, if I had gotten the gc I'd probly spend the whole day there drinking coffee...lol.
bzzinalong
bzzinalong
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 257
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:44 pm

I got Target and walmart, about $375 or so. I will probably spend the target on stuff for the kids, grandbaby, school clothes, winter stuff etc. Walmart? I dunno, maybe use it for baby stuff too.

How long DOES it take to get them once they say fulfilled? I have 3 fulfilled, waiting on the rest .
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by JeepMom Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:00 pm

$25 TGI Fridays - Dinner Out
$50 Kohl's -go shopping for what, don't know yet
JeepMom
JeepMom
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 267
Honeycomb : Level 6 SweetBee
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:10 pm

$100.00 in Walmart cards
$25.00 Subway card
$10.00 Burger King cards - #2
$10.00 Pizza Hut card

My grandkids love to eat at Subway and Burger King so those are probably spoken for. Thought I would keep the Walmart ones till closer to Christmas.
idatater46
idatater46

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:17 pm

I got a $50 from Walmart (gasp!) and my hubby INSISTS that I use it all on myself. I told him I will probably pick up a few things for me, for our son, for him and then the house. I don't need much. I will probably get a new shirt and some make-up that I have been wanting to try.
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by arny Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:14 pm

I have 75 dollars in GC's for Lowes..I also have a GC to Lowes for 50 dollars from a rebate..so I plan on replacing the lighting in my kitchen with recessed and track lights..
arny
arny

Number of posts : 951
Honeycomb : Level 6 and 33 honeycombs and 0 keys
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by tegansmom Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:00 pm

We need a new dishwasher, so I redeemed for Lowe's GC. I was thinking about getting the KB GC because the $50 ones were less than the Lowes and we could buy Christmas presents with them, BUT I really need a new dishwasher..... so nothing glamourous!
tegansmom
tegansmom

Number of posts : 834
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by mlking14 Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:15 pm

Waiting until after our new home is built to see what we want. Am hoping by that point they will be offering Amazon again. They have so many things I need, plus a lot I want.

mlking14
Larva
Larva

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by mandja Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:23 pm

I got mine to Sears... I was going to buy me a new Ipod... I have one and it works fine... but I want a new Nano... but at the same time I can't... it seems like such a waste! I might save it for a new TV or a new washer... my husband really thinks I should spend it on me but I am just not sure!
mandja
mandja
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 377
Honeycomb : 6
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkpearsonaka Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:42 pm

I just shopped online at JCP.com I got a gown and robe set for $21 and I googled JC Penney Promotion Code and was able to put in SURVJUNE and saved 15%.. Great deal...

pinkpearsonaka
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:39 am

pinkpearsonaka wrote:I just shopped online at JCP.com I got a gown and robe set for $21 and I googled JC Penney Promotion Code and was able to put in SURVJUNE and saved 15%.. Great deal...

You mean you didn't use a Wombat? LOL
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:04 pm

50.00 lowes, to be used to pay for 1/2 the paint for the boys room. hopeing to get enough to pay for the other half. This will be a present to them on BRett's birthday, and if I get new bed clothes it will be for their Christmas, (Dec 16 and 25)

50.00 walgreens, to be used to spend on good deals, nothing fancy, but use the money for the weekly specials that I usually buy anyway at walmart., so I can up my rebates with walgreens and eventually be shopping for free or next to free, there.

So both of mine are practical. and for someone else.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:19 pm

At this point I am gonna spend mine on Diapers, Wipes, Pedialyte, and imodium AD!
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by sati769leigh Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:48 pm

some for shopping, many are for gifts at christmas. the red lobster ones are a belated fathers day pressie for my husband. he loves to eat there. and we can rarely afford it
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 293
Honeycomb : sati769leigh@hotmail.com
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next