Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On a More Positive Note... People who like Shaloha?

+17
idatater46
rikostan
Brea
Cali
Darby415
Rebecca1340
emach12
kath
dms07
bizzeedee
arny
DisneyKrayzie
thebigscott
shadyhillslane
Honey
mrschia
masucci
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

On a More Positive Note... People who like Shaloha? Empty On a More Positive Note... People who like Shaloha?

Post by masucci Thu May 29, 2008 4:21 pm

I might be a minority here, but I just wanted to see if there are others that feel the same way I do about Shahola and MyPoints - and give us a place to converse. This is in NO WAY meant to offend or upset others. I respect everyone's opinions - I've just been seeing a whole lot of negative and very little positive... and I *know* there has to be some positive.

I became a BzzAgent just shortly before they pulled the "spend your points for merchandise rewards" option. I got to see some of the items available as rewards, and while they were nice, they were just "eh" to me. I probably would have saved bzz points a long time and waited until I had enough points and the rewards list had more interesting things to spend them on... and I probably would not have been thrilled with most things offered, but would have spent my bzz points just to spend them.

Now that BzzAgent will be converting bzz points over to MyPoints, I am much happier because I feel like I'm more in control of my rewards - and there are so many more available. But you know what? If BzzAgent decided to pull the rewards system completely I'd be fine with that, too. I'd still enjoy this program immensely, and I'd continue to bzz.

Here's the way I see it: Some argue that bzz points vs the MyPoints aren't "equal" and they're losing something like 40% value on their rewards. I have to disagree, because bzz points were free, and the rewards offered through BzzAgent were something that they provided to agents free of charge. So no matter what the reward, it's something for NOTHING. Am I right? Because when we signed up for BzzAgent, we knew what to expect... we'd receive free products to try, evaluate and keep FREE. BZZAgent pays the shipping, and ships us these products completely free of charge. BzzAgent only asks that an agent submit 3 Bzz Reports on each product. They aren't forcing ANY Bzz Reports to be filed, but IMO, 3 BzzReports for a free product is worth it completely. If an agent wants to report 0-100 reports, that's up to them, because BzzAgent doesn't twist their arm to do so. So an agent reports when they want to... and BzzAgent reviews and grades their reports and awards them points. Again, the points are free... a bonus... so I'm not understanding why anyone could be upset. Report when you want, get points, don't report if you want, get no points. No harm, no foul.

Also, on the subject of grading/rating the reports agents submit: I think of the couple dozen people in that office scouring over each and every report... thousands of reports... trying to get through them all in a reasonable amount of time. And they have to do their best. They are doing their job. I don't think they are enjoying every aspect of it, but they need to earn a living just like the rest of us. When they grade/rate my reports I'm thankful for any points awarded. I also know that they have their own rules to follow and if I got a certain grade, it's because my report fell within that grade range. Again, whatever I get helps... so no harm, no foul. If I want a better score, I look at my past reports that got better marks and I do see a difference. So I work harder to submit a better report the next time. It's not because I have to... it's because I want to.

And on the subject of MyPoints and spyware. I've never been a MyPoints member until I was referred by a friend about 3 months ago. I joined, installed the search engine, and I've been reading the emails and getting my 5 points per email ever since. I did also sign up for 2 offers I liked. I've shopped through MyPoints, too. After all this talk of spyware and the confusion surrounding it, I did a scan of my computer last night. My spyware programs, between both of them, found 73 cookies. I am positive that most of these cookies aren't even from MyPoints, because I get cookies from visiting every website I frequent daily. And my PC had not been scanned since joining MyPoints. That's just my experience - obviously other people's have been different.

Oh, I could go on... but I'll start with that. I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way, but I had to see. I'm an outspoken, but positive person - and I just wanted to talk about the positives for a change. So... yeah.

On a More Positive Note... People who like Shaloha? 684433

Last edited by masucci on Thu May 29, 2008 5:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
masucci
masucci
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

On a More Positive Note... People who like Shaloha? Empty Re: On a More Positive Note... People who like Shaloha?

Post by mrschia Thu May 29, 2008 4:25 pm

I have yet to get a confirmation to join...still lost in transfer limbo and I really don't care.

I am happy with bzz kits.
mrschia
mrschia
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 670
Honeycomb : Level 6~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

On a More Positive Note... People who like Shaloha? Empty Re: On a More Positive Note... People who like Shaloha?

Post by Honey Thu May 29, 2008 5:16 pm

I am both happy and unhappy. I never was able to get a reward before and now I am going to get some good gc's. I am very happy about that. I am not going to go on about what things have upset me in this thread though.
However, I am not in the camp of those who think the BzzKit is enough. Except for those few really great kits (like Sonic and Harmony One) many kits have very little in them. What is there, we are to share with others also. My recent Claritin kit had a 10 tab box and 8-$3 coupons. It takes longer than 10 tabs sometimes to tell if the medicine works. So that wasn't enough for one person, let alone enough to share. The coupons were so-so because higher dollar ones came out shortly there after in the paper. It would be nice to have something to give out that others can't do better on their own getting.
While it is true that it is free stuff (some of which I get to keep) I can often get better freebies from other places and owe no reports back for the freebie. Just yesterday, 100% free and no shipping either, I received a very nice soft sided animal carrier, cat food can plastic cover, doggie neck scarf, doggie toy and full size Febreze Air Effects. That is just one example of the great free stuff available these days, I get free stuff every week.
The reports are the part that are really work to me and the part that makes the most money for Bzz too(because dont forget they get big bucks for these campaigns, they aren't just being nice). So that is what I really want the rewards for. Not so much Bzzing the product, but for taking time to report back about each and every time I Bzz. I really think those reports deserve rewards imo. So I do not see rewards as something for nothing. They are for making reports which help BzzAgent make lots of money. They could not make a fraction of the money they make if they just gave us the kit and didn't ask us to report back.
Honey
Honey
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by masucci Thu May 29, 2008 5:32 pm

Your opinion makes sense, Honey. On a More Positive Note... People who like Shaloha? 765670

You're lucky - every freebie group I'm a member of expects at *least* one follow-up report after I've received and tried the product. I'm never bothered by that, but I've never been a part of a group that offers freebies absolutely free with nothing expected in return. Oneday, maybe.
masucci
masucci
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by shadyhillslane Thu May 29, 2008 5:35 pm

I am happier.
1. I have always enjoyed Bzzagent for the chance to try new products and be in the know.
2. I had never been able to use my points and am very excited about $200 in gift cards.
3. I found this site which I love because I have always wanted to chat about Bzzagent but it all seemed so 'hush hush.
shadyhillslane
shadyhillslane
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu May 29, 2008 5:39 pm

Honey, you and I are in complete agreement.

masucci, I am happy to get free items, some of which are very nice. And I am happy that they went with a professional rewards partner, although I wish they had chosen one with fewer problems and that they'd given a better conversion value. I know that the value of the rewards is an issue of debate, but I personally placed a value on them by looking up the items they were offering on Amazon.com. I looked up items to see what reviewers said and to get a better description than BzzAgent offered. Almost all the items I saw came from Amazon.com (and once or twice I had printed materials from Amazon.com in the box with the reward). Those items were almost all offered at a 10 BzzPoint to the dollar rate. Of course, specialty items such as troll and keychains were not offered on Amazon.

I am also hopeful that in the long run (especially if they switch partners eventually to a program that has better customer service), BzzAgent will spend more time getting new clients and good campaigns because they will be spending less time working on rewards.

I am also happy that we've been able to disagree on this board and still be friends. I really like getting to know you all better. And I'm happy that some of you are getting a big thrill out of the rewards. And those who aren't happy are giving me someone to "wallow in misery" with, LOL.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DisneyKrayzie Thu May 29, 2008 5:51 pm

In the words of Thumper...

"If You can't say somethin nice........don't say nothin at all!!"
DisneyKrayzie
DisneyKrayzie
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 116
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by DisneyKrayzie Thu May 29, 2008 5:57 pm

thebigscott wrote: And I am happy that they went with a professional rewards partner, although I wish they had chosen one with fewer problems and that they'd given a better conversion value.

I agree there, I think Thankyou.com would have been a much better choice to team up with as long as there was a good conversion rate. Thankyou.com seems much more professional then Mypoints
DisneyKrayzie
DisneyKrayzie
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 116
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by arny Thu May 29, 2008 5:59 pm

Great post..I can find many postives which I can focus on (still have concerns..different thread)a change in the reward system is very welcome to me..Up until rewardapoolza I never got a reward..I felt the system as a whole was flawed and extremely unfair to those that worked during the day...I felt 80-85% of reward offerings were offered from 9-2 during the day.
Still think this needs to be addressed regarding actual campaigns...

Truthfully for the most part rewards were quite unappealing to me...now the thought of GC's give me greater freedom in choosing exactly what I want and need...Sorry Trolls and toasters bore me..lol

I am hopeful that more changes are coming...so this mypoints fiasco looks a little more rosey...
arny
arny

Number of posts : 951
Honeycomb : Level 6 and 33 honeycombs and 0 keys
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Thu May 29, 2008 6:03 pm

I'm absolutely fine with the switch. MyPoints hasn't loaded my computer with anything other than cookies, and well, they didn't necessarily do it. I'll use them for bzz points, however that's determined, but that's pretty much it. I don't have a lot of time to do surveys and trial offers and whatever else they have to earn points.

I'll continue to do bzz agent in hopes of being invited to campaigns, trying new products, yahooing about those I like and poo pooing those I don't. I will continue to do reports as I've always done.

In two years, I've only gotten one reward from bzz agent, a mini cruisinart that I've only used once... too much fuss, so I like the idea of getting gift cards for the work I do. I won't be getting "things" though, hubby and I will be eating some nice dinners out for all the work I've done.

so all in all, I'm fine with the system, and if it's still to change, I'll deal with that when I learn the particulars Very Happy
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by dms07 Thu May 29, 2008 6:25 pm

You are not alone, but we are probably in the minority here. I'm not going to knock anyone here that does have complaints. I hope that the ones who have legitimate complaints are taken care of and that Bzzagent/MyPoints does right by them. Please take into consideration that this is my own personal opinion and not written to negate anyone here who does have problems.

About the point conversion:
I understand why some are very upset about the point conversion even though I don't share that sentiment. I suppose it's because I don't feel they owe me anything. I've been a member since 4/05 and never considered bzzpoints a big deal. I had a few opportunities to cash in my points but never did because nothing peaked my interest. I didn't/don't consider bzzpoints as payment for every report I've written. To me, this is completely voluntary and I've treated it as such. Bzzagent gives me campaigns, I get the kit, bzz about it, do my reports, and that's it. The held up their end of the bargain as did I. Anything above and beyond that is frosting on the cake to me. I see the bzzpoints as more of a bonus than a payment owed to me.

A bzzpoint has no actual monetary value to me. They are not a tangible item.. in all actuality they are "imaginary". Do I think it's fair that 2000 bzzpoints used to "buy" an ipod and now it doesn't? No, not necessarily but there was never anything that stated what a point was worth. There was just a presumption on the value of a point. Would I have liked that presumed value to carry over in the point conversion? Of course I would, who wouldn't? Just as everything else lately, the value of things have fluctuated. Hell even a US dollar isn't worth a dollar anymore.

About the spyware:
I think alot of panic, for lack of a better word, has more to do with misinformation than anything else. Many people presume that a cookie is spyware because their scanners tell them so and that's all fine and good. Alot of scanners that mark cookies as spyware to boost the reputation of their product. Take for example product A- it scans my computer and finds 50 spyware.. now product B- it scans the same computer and finds 75 spyware.. product B includes cookies and product A does not. Product B now markets their product saying they can find XXX more spyware than the other guys. It's a marketing ploy to boost sales. The misconception that a tracking cookie tracks you all over the internet once you leave a website is not likely. This site set a cookie.. so does that mean you know where I'm going to after I leave here? I highly doubt it. A tracking cookie is normally used to track where you go and what you visit - on the originating site. I'm sure there may be exceptions to the rule, but I don't have the time right now to look it up.

All in all, I'm fine with the change to Mypoints. Like I said before, I know there are people having problems with this conversion in one way or another, and I do really hope it gets sorted out.
dms07
dms07
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 81
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Thu May 29, 2008 7:27 pm

It is what it is. They made a choice and went with it. For me, Bzzing is sort of a hobby with benefits. If I decide that it is no longer worth my time, I will just quit. I have other things that I enjoy doing.. a lot of them! Like I said once before, I just can't work up a good mad over it.
There are so many worse things in the world, than BzzAgent hooking with with MyPoints.
I have a nice life, healthy kids and so many things to be grateful for, I just can't get worked up over it all...

On a More Positive Note... People who like Shaloha? Shrug
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by emach12 Thu May 29, 2008 7:42 pm

I agree 100 % with you masucci. And it looks like we joined at around the same time.

I am was not at impressed with the rewards they were offering, not in any way shape of form. You had to be there at the right place and at the right time in order to get something decent.

Just because one had enough to get an ipod, DID NOT GUARANTEE that they would actually get it...they go so fast.

Atleast with mypoints, one is guaranteed somekind of valuable GC, gas cards, dinner, GC's towards travel....you name it, there is something there for everyone.

While a buzztroll is..well, cute and all, I would rather have a GC for $25.00 to put in my tank, neither a troll or a pencil is going to run my car, take me out to dinner or pay for some steaks...

The buzzkits are fine with me, and yes, from what I heard, some of them are a bit chintsy, but that is not bazzagents fault, it is the fault of the client and what they are willing to spend or give-away during a campaign.
emach12
emach12
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 163
Honeycomb : sitting at 4
Registration date : 2008-04-07

http://waitingforthestopsigntoturngreen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu May 29, 2008 8:48 pm

I love that BzzAgent finally got a third party involved, I really do like that idea -- I just think they didn't do their homework when they picked MyPits. I also wish they'd stop treating Canada like we are part of the US -- the options available to Canadians aren't exactly what they've been hyped up to be. Oh and I am on the list that is pretty upset about the points conversion rate!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darby415 Fri May 30, 2008 3:57 am

Minority here, maybe but without a doubt in the MAJORITY at Bzz!

I KNOW there were almost 400 posts in th BeeLog when we went to MyPoints but there were 10 to 30 on the ANTI-Side and most the pro-side posters did ONE .. maybe TWO!!

A VERY vocal ANTI- group keeps making insane and totally IGNORANT SPYWARE allegations proven FALSE a number of times (by ME - a Microsoft Partner and security expert) .

The negativity, shrill tone, absurb and false spyware allegations and general confrontaional tones by may in the anti-group, most found in this forum have made me feel I should back out of here for a while and reassess my opinion of this group.

Darby415
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Darby415 Fri May 30, 2008 4:55 am

Rebecca1340 wrote:I love that BzzAgent finally got a third party involved, I really do like that idea -- I just think they didn't do their homework when they picked MyPits. I also wish they'd stop treating Canada like we are part of the US -- the options available to Canadians aren't exactly what they've been hyped up to be. Oh and I am on the list that is pretty upset about the points conversion rate!

Would you as a Mac user have preferred Microsoft?

MS is OF COURSE #1 at giving out FREE stuff but MyPoints is up there REALLY high and not attached to the Guardian of the Gates of Hell... AKA Microsoft!

And for me, the ONLY thing Bzz could have done better was align with MS instead of MyPoints, but we ALL know they aren't YET in that category!

Darby415
Bzzing
Bzzing

Back to top Go down

Post by Darby415 Fri May 30, 2008 5:36 am

One other point I'd like to request since there have been nothing but BOGUS SPYWARE claims about MyPoints form morons who think marketing cookies in a marketplace that we've aggreed to reap the benefits from are.......... SPYWARE!.

Could I put together a Sercurity best practices thread and have it stickied so there would no longer be alleged TWO HOUR LOADING TIMES at MyPoints, stupid comments ZOMG I got 155 cookies from MyPoints.

It's really scary how uninformed and how obviously unprotected these N00bs are.

I'd like to help those who have been scared and/or damaged by the dramatists and liars and PRIMARILY all the legitimate postes here that have been scared by all the totally FALSE SPYWARE rhetoric.

Darby415
Bzzing
Bzzing

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Fri May 30, 2008 9:59 am

I'll add my 2c in here too - I'm happy - I am now going to be able to translate relatively worthless bzzpoints into tangible $$value gift cards. Would I be happier if the conversion rate was higher - yeah, sure - but, I would also be unhappier if it were lower. I think it is....fair. I think it still leaves bzzagent at the higher end of the scale when it comes to "payments" for surveys etc.
As for mypoints.com - I have used them in the past, with no "security problems".Rolling Eyes The cookies/emails etc will come if you set your preferences for emails/click on links to get more points etc - but, this part of mypoints can remain completely separate from simply signing up for an account to convert/redeem mypoints.com.

I do "feel" for Canadian agents, and feel it is regretable that there wasn't something available that was more equitable for them also.
Cali
Cali
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Brea Fri May 30, 2008 11:48 am

I was already a mypoints member, joined a couple months ago. I've never had a problem with them. I look forward to all the points rewards. I CAN understand why people are upset. New sites are alot to take in. It was confusing at first for me, but I had time to figure it out. Thats why I'm not upset. That saying "Time heals all...." will apply here after everyone gets settled in. It will be o.k. It all fun. Computers and cookies and spyware and adware and blah, bald...are all confusing and anoying. There are so many terms and so much information that its crazy. If you do not want cookies, you can always delete them. I do occasionally when I restart my computer (because I always have it on). Than I have reset password and log in inforamtion that was saved before with cookies, not so bad, just have to type some words and off I go.

So to sum it up, I like it, I've had time to like it Smile
Brea
Brea
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Fri May 30, 2008 11:54 am

Brea, your posts always crack me up!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rikostan Fri May 30, 2008 12:16 pm

I don't mind the changes so far. I do see the points a lot of your gals have made though and understand your frustration.

Darby415 maybe you could lighten up a bit on the "morons" and "NOOBS". Your posts have a lot of yelling and name calling in them. Neither of which help to get your point and across and make you look rather newbish yourself.
rikostan
rikostan
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-05-23

http://rikostan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brea Fri May 30, 2008 12:23 pm

Rebecca1340 wrote:Brea, your posts always crack me up!

I love Fluffanutter.... Wink
Brea
Brea
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Fri May 30, 2008 5:38 pm

I say if we have cookies, we can surely have milk! I hate to have anything go to waste. It is my hope that we all can express our points of view without putting anyone down for their point of view. That's what I like about this forum- we all haven't our differences and yet can be so much alike too.
idatater46
idatater46

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ruthjohn Fri May 30, 2008 5:47 pm

I am pretty happy with the switch. I am looking forward to get some gift cards on the 9th. I already have points built up that I didn't remember, so this has helped me no lose them.
ruthjohn
ruthjohn
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Fri May 30, 2008 6:18 pm

idatater46 wrote:I say if we have cookies, we can surely have milk! I hate to have anything go to waste. It is my hope that we all can express our points of view without putting anyone down for their point of view. That's what I like about this forum- we all haven't our differences and yet can be so much alike too.

Let me tell you about Silk Soy Milk ... bzz, bzz, bzz Laughing
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next