Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8 YRS @ MyPoints about $6000 -- Rewards??? Ask HERE

+12
manny1968
Lucky
shadyhillslane
rikostan
Honey
firedancer201
thebigscott
Lori
chelle
brandiland73
eat_a_cookies
Darby415
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

8 YRS @ MyPoints about $6000 -- Rewards???   Ask HERE Empty 8 YRS @ MyPoints about $6000 -- Rewards??? Ask HERE

Post by Darby415 Sun May 25, 2008 5:07 am

I started with MyPoints ... about when it started.

I've earned about $6000 in rewards from MyPoints ....................

BUT, I also use their offers to MY best advantage..... Like Von's/Pavillions delivery.... NOW $12.95.....

But it's......FREE with MyPoints!!!! PLUS I get 2000 points (about an additional $14 towards a GC)

Trial offers FREE and great if it's something you wanted to try. Try it for free, get a BUNCH of points and if you don't like cancel it..... And oh, yeah, you MIGHT even pick-up a FREE $25 GC!

MyPoints ... UBER-Free trials... those that include GCs***

Nice free trials for services you may or may not like that include a $10 to $25 GC

Ask ME about deals at MyPoints and GIVE me a link to look at it... I'll give you my OPINION on what you should do.

Darby415
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

8 YRS @ MyPoints about $6000 -- Rewards???   Ask HERE Empty Re: 8 YRS @ MyPoints about $6000 -- Rewards??? Ask HERE

Post by eat_a_cookies Sun May 25, 2008 9:49 am

I have only been a MyPoints user for half the time that you have, but I agree, there are some great deals to be had. In fact, I just redeemed some points for a Kmart card and bought my daughter some much-needed sandals for summer.

I also agree on trying and then canceling trial offers. That's awesome of you to offer your MyPoints expertise!
eat_a_cookies
eat_a_cookies
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

8 YRS @ MyPoints about $6000 -- Rewards???   Ask HERE Empty Re: 8 YRS @ MyPoints about $6000 -- Rewards??? Ask HERE

Post by brandiland73 Sun May 25, 2008 9:55 am

Impressive. I love it too - supports my coffee habit. (starbucks gc)
brandiland73
brandiland73
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 710
Honeycomb : Five....I think
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://home.comcast.net/~brandihampson/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun May 25, 2008 10:35 am

WOW, sounds like you are able to use it to your advantage. for your sake I think that Bzz going to my points is a great thing!!

Unfortunatly, lots of folks dont do credit cards, so no trial offers for them. and some dont shop on the internet. discresionary income and all that.

I am NOT disputing that its a great place for alot of people. But its a awful place for many too. If you will notice, most people who dont like it, have said they were a member. Didnt like the site, the concept or what ever.

I am one of those. I dont like doing offers. I know I will end up forgetting about one. and being charged mega bucks. And I devote my entire 'work' day to making money off the net.

Alot of people would just like to be able to get rewards with out having to deal with them.

I could make a killing if I did offers. Like on inbox dollars. But its just not for me. I dont even have a credit card I could put offers on if I wanted to. That is the honest to God Truth.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun May 25, 2008 10:37 am

Here's a question Darby. I am afraid of the free trials because I thought I would most likely end up in a situation where I would have to cancel the free offer or be charged before the points had posted to my account. Has that ever happened to you?
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun May 25, 2008 10:43 am

My main complaint is that we got cheated on our conversion. I don't have an opinion about my points other I didn't like having to go to a site where I must watch my every click for fear of accidentally signing up for something.

I used to do trial offers, but had two or three that I cancelled yet they continued to bill my credit card. I would have to call each month and tell my bank that it was an unauthorized transaction, and if the money being gone for those few days caused me to bounce a check, I would have to spend an afternoon on the phone dealing with it. I ended up having to close my account because they wouldn't stop. So I don't want to do trials.

I think I could live with MyPoints if that's what it took to get my reward. I'm just upset that 40% of my reward is gone.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by firedancer201 Sun May 25, 2008 11:00 am

I had the same issue with the trial offers, Karen. I was doing another site where I would earn $ for trial offers but had to quit.

firedancer201
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Sun May 25, 2008 11:44 am

Yup, trial offers are a pita! I promised myself I would not do them anymore years ago, and have not broken that promise and don't intend to now. For those who enjoy the points and don't have an issue, go for it and enjoy!
Just a tip if you do intend to complete any offers at Mypoints, I have found that you can often get a better deal with the bonus mail, rather than clicking the same offer at the site. Here is an example I noticed just this morning. On the web site the Lancome offer is for 2000 pts with a $50 purchase. In my email I found the same purchase will net you 2500 pts good until 5/26.
I also see refer a friend is 250 pts until 5/31 and on the site click you get 100 right now. So keep your eyes open for the best offer from them before you click. I referred someone the other day without checking my email first Crying or Very sad
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by rikostan Sun May 25, 2008 12:05 pm

What ever you do, stay away from the poster offer. The offer says you get 4 posters for $2, but it's actually like $40.
rikostan
rikostan
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 122

http://rikostan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shadyhillslane Sun May 25, 2008 1:13 pm

Hello Darby,
Nice to have someone with a positive mypoints experience here Very Happy
Do you think my points will be able to handle the June 8th conversion.
I have my heart set on some particular gift cards, any chance they will 'sell-out'?
TIA

-Alana
shadyhillslane
shadyhillslane
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Sun May 25, 2008 3:30 pm

I love MyPoints, but I never sign up for any offer that needs money from me, or a credit card number. Just my personal policy. I have bought through their site, not very often though, and I still have gotten quite a few gift cards.

There is a chance they will sell out. I went and spent my mypoints points so I get my GC before the BzzAgents are let loose there. Wink

Just remember they do replenish. I wouldn't take something you don't really want, just wait, you have a full year to use your points.
Lucky
Lucky

Number of posts : 1488
Honeycomb : 6 infinity
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun May 25, 2008 3:36 pm

Honey, I noticed the discrepancy in the friend referral too - and like you, too late. I need to keep my eye on the Lancome offer I followed through on because the 2000 pts are not even listed as pending yet. That will be the hard part...policing them! GRRRR

What ever you do, stay away from the poster offer. The offer says you get 4 posters for $2, but it's actually like $40.
Oh no, you had me scared there. I did a Snapfish offer where you got a free poster but the whole experience was great. The photos I got were really sharp and clear. The poster was on the small size but turned outt o be a nice quality.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by manny1968 Sun May 25, 2008 9:25 pm

I am new to mypoints but when i looked at the rewards it lloks like there are some good value for your points. what is your favorite reward from my points so far. thanks
manny1968
manny1968
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by honcho Mon May 26, 2008 12:31 am

I like the Amazon GC which should come back soon (if not there yet) They e-mail you a GC code that you enter on the amazon web site. Plus Amazon offers free shipping if you spend $25. I hate waiting/worrying that the GC wont show in the mail or get lost (has never happened but still worry). E-mail is there instantly...no waiting.
honcho
honcho
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 461
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon May 26, 2008 4:18 am

Darby, another question/thought about MyPoints...Even though $6K sounds impressive, isn't it true that the purchasing power of their point system has dropped off sharply as time has gone on? And that in addition, you earn fewer points doing click-throughs than in the past? I believe it would be impossible for someone to realize $6K over the next few years as you have in the past because of these changes.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon May 26, 2008 9:11 am

How can I get the bonus email? I went in my profile and clicked the box to get it three days ago. I still haven't seen a single email from them?

I know I'm in the minority but I have no problem clicking their mail to gain points.... if I could just get the mail, lol. I do other PTCs like inbox and sendearnings (anyone wanna signup pm me I'll refer you, LOL I'm NOT good at referals, no one I know wants to sign up, except my bro and he is in the same household, lol) my earnings are limited so I'll click for points.

Yes I did check my bulk folder (which was their response to me) anyone have any suggestions?
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Mon May 26, 2008 9:14 am

I have been a member since about the time they started and reward prices have climbed over the years, that is very true. However, I can't really remember what they used to be, maybe Darby does, or someone else. As for more points on bonus mail, they have always been 5 points for reading it, but it used to be you could press yes, then no and get 10 points.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Mon May 26, 2008 10:50 am

I joined Mypoints about the first of this year. I looked to see if I could find when I joined, but my account statement only goes back to March. In this time I have just clicked on the bonus emails and maybe done some surveys for points. I have 1585 points now, it doesn't seem like alot, but concidering that is just clicking on bonus emails (5 points each), I don't think it is bad. Yes, I have gotten many emails from other places, but I had set up a special email account just to receive oddball emails from survey sites etc, so it is not a big deal to me, if I don't want to read the email, I delete it.
Granted, I have not cashed in Mypoints for anything yet, but now I will have enough with my Bzz points to do that if I choose. I may just let them ride for a while. I wasn't happy with the change at first, but it really isn't a big deal to me now. I did get the chance to get a really cool pedometer and a key chain through Bzz points rewards. I love that key chain, it was not what I was expecting it to be. The pedometer is really cool as well, it stores all my data and can be dowloaded into my computer. I either never had enough points to get the rewards I did see or all the rewards were gone before I got to them. With Mypoints, I can now get a GC if I want, plus there is many choices. The only thing I don't like about the set up, is I have noticed that some of the GC that you can redeem for, you can't earn back any points. Such as Bath & Bodyworks. I love the stuff they have, yes there is a GC you can redeem your points for, but there is no link to B & BW through Mypoints to earn back some points. There may be some that you can earn back points with though, I just haven't looked too closely.
Sorry didn't mean to be so long winded. Very Happy
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by eat_a_cookies Mon May 26, 2008 12:00 pm

BuzzNut wrote:The only thing I don't like about the set up, is I have noticed that some of the GC that you can redeem for, you can't earn back any points. Such as Bath & Bodyworks.

This is true. I don't like this about it. Maybe that would make it a little too easy if every GC they offered, we could get points back on. I know that every once in a while, I can use a GC and get points. I know I did it with Kohl's, but I can't remember any others.
eat_a_cookies
eat_a_cookies
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon May 26, 2008 12:12 pm

I Love re-loadable cards (like put my next payout on the card I already have) do they do that?
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by arny Mon May 26, 2008 2:39 pm

Question about the GC at My points...do you receive an actual card lets say for Lowes...or do they send you an code that must be used online..thanks to all who respond.. Very Happy
arny
arny

Number of posts : 951
Honeycomb : Level 6 and 33 honeycombs and 0 keys
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Mon May 26, 2008 2:42 pm

Most of them are actual cards, there are a few instant ones like Amazon that give you a code you can use online, but they say clearly if that is the case.
Lucky
Lucky

Back to top Go down

Post by arny Mon May 26, 2008 3:05 pm

Lucky wrote:Most of them are actual cards, there are a few instant ones like Amazon that give you a code you can use online, but they say clearly if that is the case.
Thanks Lucky..I was hoping this is the case.
arny
arny

Number of posts : 951
Honeycomb : Level 6 and 33 honeycombs and 0 keys
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by manny1968 Wed May 28, 2008 6:14 pm

I am new to the my points thing. I was just wondering if you shop thru the mypoints site. when do you show credit for shopping. I just order coffee mugs thru snapfish, I recieved 4 dollars off by putting mypoints in coupon code. just wondering, also what is other ways to easily start gaining points. thanks
manny1968
manny1968
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Wed May 28, 2008 7:51 pm

You can print coupons from their site and use them, but I haven't got around to installing the stupid printer thing they want you to install. You can also answer their surveys, ones on the website in the box, or ones they email you, as they give you more points then the simple click thrus. I am partial to a quick click myself, but the points gather slower that way.
Lucky
Lucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next