Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The $2 in the big guy's pocket

+7
edbson
cheyandwysmom
emach12
Rebecca1340
mrschia
chelle
cushiebunny
11 posters

Go down

The $2 in the big guy's pocket Empty The $2 in the big guy's pocket

Post by cushiebunny Thu May 22, 2008 3:00 pm

So I've been thinking.
Isn't there a cap on how many referrals a person can make in a day anyways? I heard it was 5.
~ and sorry if it has been touched on already in another post, I tried to search out $2 without luck and couldn't find the thread~
Also, isn't it costing a lot more than $2 a person to sign us up and transfer our bzz points into my points?
I hear folks going on about it being sneaky and the sort, but if they were having troubles delivering rewards out it eases up some of their stressors so they can concentrate on reviewing our reports in a more timely fashion. They have grown in size since they started, and I gather that means more campaigns for some people. They are seemingly admitting they need some help at the hive... although I am not sure how their teaming up with Rogers really fits into their troubles getting rewards out to Cdns... seems that was a line of BS perhaps.
I have heard at least two of the gift cards, one being Home Depot say valid in Canada or the USA. I gather that points.com is supposed to have more offerings, perhaps exclusive ones for people that are bzzagents. Otherwise how can they stand up to that biz about rewards being allowed even for as little as 40 points.

I'm sure it hit many of us upside the head. They did say we would have a chance to view the rewards before making the gold key choice. Too bad some of us did not read every post here before logging in this morning. ~ this site froze up on me so I just went directly to bzzagent ~
But as I have some time to think about it maybe there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. I am pretty sure it wasn't just a get rich scheme for the hive in any way... just the only way they seemed to be able to think of to offer us rewards but ease up some pressure on them at the hive. ~ of course they could have hired more peeps~

cushiebunny
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

The $2 in the big guy's pocket Empty Re: The $2 in the big guy's pocket

Post by chelle Thu May 22, 2008 3:21 pm

You get 2 bucks as an affiliate. By promoting mypoints on your website. I have a website. I can be an affiliate. I will get 2 bucks. easy as pie Smile

Comdevs are not inhouse. They are bzzpeople like you and me. You can apply to be one Smile They get paid contract labor.

Just like a data entry clerk would. Smile

aand no its not a get rich quick scheme. its a "I am already rich, could give a rats ass about the people that got me here and will take every freakin dime I can get' scheme. its an afliction that hits most self made milllionairs, and if I ever get there it might hit me too .

ITs a 'if we do it this way, it doesnt hurt our bottom line near as bad or at all"

Its a "check and see where WE get the best for OUR money,"

and its a "flip it, turn it, skewer it, so they swollow it hook, line and sinker"
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mrschia Thu May 22, 2008 4:31 pm

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?p=11432971#post11432971

LOL,

Joe Trump Bzz Troll

sorry if I am not suppose to talk about another site, but saw this and laughed
mrschia
mrschia
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 670
Honeycomb : Level 6~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu May 22, 2008 4:36 pm

LMAO!!!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cushiebunny Fri May 23, 2008 8:17 am

chelle wrote:You get 2 bucks as an affiliate. By promoting mypoints on your website. I have a website. I can be an affiliate. I will get 2 bucks. easy as pie Smile

Comdevs are not inhouse. They are bzzpeople like you and me. You can apply to be one Smile They get paid contract labor.

Just like a data entry clerk would. Smile

Thanks for the info. I'm not real familiar with much of anything apparently ~laughs~. Just heard once you could only refer 5 peeps a day and did not even think about what an affiliate might get.

Hmm ~think think think... to be a bzzagent and work for next to nothing, or to be a comdev and probably also work for next to nothing~

I'd still like to see the bottom dollar on what it cost to transfer our points over. Although we feel like we are on the loosing end of the stick I am laying odds whoever runs this whole shitola shindig feels like they were on the loosing end. They were sponsored in some sense before, and perhaps teamed up with different companies they had done promos for to get great deals on the swag they offered as rewards.. which they probably got for 40% off... thus the concept of us loosing 40% of our points value to them seems even?

Just pondering how their minds may work.

cushiebunny
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by emach12 Fri May 23, 2008 8:44 am

Well. guys...

Bzzagent is a corporation. Corporations go into business to make money, that is the idea when you open up a business, to make money.

I can not understand why anyone would complain about that...if you want to make lot's of money, try opening up your own business.

I am not going to complain that someone else is making money simply because I don't have that money. It is a bit..well, I don't understand that mentality.

In regards to the $2.00 in the big guys pocket..well, I doubt very highly that Mypoints is able to afford to give buzzagent $800,000.00, I am sure there was some wheeling and dealing behinds the scenes that we do not know about, nor DO we deserve to know about.

At first, I was pissed about the MP thing, but that was a knee jerk reaction, after I really went through the MP's site..well, I figured out that by writing the reports that I do, I will qualify every month for (atleast) CVS reward that will pay for all of my monthly meds I have to take.

I am sorry, but that beats a key-chain every-time.

No, I am not happy about the conversion, and that is something that I really think we need to address to bzz-agent, the conversion sucks in a big way...

But to complain that someone is making money off of an idea that they put their blood, sweat and tears into..well, like I said, we all have the choice to pick and choose our professions.

I think we all need to calm down and see what it around the corner.

Mypoints is not the beast people are saying it is...
emach12
emach12
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 163
Honeycomb : sitting at 4
Registration date : 2008-04-07

http://waitingforthestopsigntoturngreen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cheyandwysmom Fri May 23, 2008 9:35 am

If only for the fact that it's 10 gazillion graphics freeze the living crap out of my poor dialup every time I try to go there, mypoints truly is a beast. Smile
cheyandwysmom
cheyandwysmom
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri May 23, 2008 9:42 am

I wanna be a comdev! I would totally nix the one liners!
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri May 23, 2008 9:50 pm

emach, the thing that bothers me is NOT that they made money. If they had given a good conversion rate and our BzzPoints had not lost value, or even had only lost 10 to 15% of their value, I wouldn't have resented it at all. What bothers me is that they got a bonus from MyPoints at the same time that we took a huge loss. I don't mind them making money. I want them to make money. If they are successful, we will benefit. But they made money by taking 40% of our rewards! That's not right. And I'm insulted that they didn't funnel the sign-up bonus into getting us a better conversion.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Fri May 23, 2008 10:00 pm

Oh me too, me too- I could set the one liner agents on their backside in a hurry!
idatater46
idatater46

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sat May 24, 2008 7:55 am

Since this is a corporate thing, it is very likely that there is no 2$ referral ...corporate is different from personal, I should think...
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue May 27, 2008 12:27 am

Kath, I signed up as an affiliate for my website, since I refer people to bzzagent. and if anyone signs up under me I get an automatic 2.00 to be sent to me when I reach 25.00. And If I get like 250.00 I get a bonus. 500 is a larger bonus.

Now, maybe they wont get the initial sign ups, and maybbe they wont get any, but I am betting they do.

Rich folks dont do crap for nothin. I reckon thats why I aint rich.

Last edited by chelle on Tue May 27, 2008 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue May 27, 2008 12:43 am

This still makes me mad. This and that 40% that got pulled out of my account...
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JeepMom Tue May 27, 2008 9:00 am

I doubt they got the $2 per person for signing up. I do bet there is some kind of deal with the sheer number of agents they are reffering over.
JeepMom
JeepMom
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 267
Honeycomb : Level 6 SweetBee
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Tue May 27, 2008 9:30 am

chelle... you are still not a corporation... apples and oranges..

I seriously doubt they weill get $2 per agent.
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down